Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police gone soft?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Do you think it makes the slightest difference if a police officer, not on formal parade duties, standing about with nothing to do puts their hands in their pockets for a few minutes?
Yeah, they're civvies so no problem.

Do you think it makes the slightest difference if a police officer, not on formal parade duties, standing about with nothing to do puts their hands in their pockets for a few minutes?

I never did it when I was in the job. Each to their own but I think it looks scruffy. I’d prefer a member of a uniformed service to take some pride in their appearance.

Hands in pockets? HANDS IN POCKETS! Geeerem away!

To be fair, at least they managed to stay on their feet...

police-kneel-one.jpg

I never did it when I was in the job. Each to their own but I think it looks scruffy. I’d prefer a member of a uniformed service to take some pride in their appearance.

Times change, they're very keen on appearing at Pride these days

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They've not gone soft:

Don't know if it's for breaking a lockdown rule or selling genitalia shrinking chemicals.

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
They've not gone soft:

Don't know if it's for breaking a lockdown rule or selling genitalia shrinking chemicals.
They've not gone soft, but - 6 cops to arrest one guy, who was not during this clip offering violence, just a bit of passive refusal to go to ground. Supported by at least the same number of officers and 2 on horse back, one on a motorbike, an evidence gatherer and at least 2 vehicles arriving very quickly.
If only they were so robust in the face of BLM, XR, Gypsies etc.
Somebody will no doubt tell me the clip is out of context, that this is the best way to arrest someone without causing them injury etc.

They've not gone soft, but - 6 cops to arrest one guy, who was not during this clip offering violence, just a bit of passive refusal to go to ground. Supported by at least the same number of officers and 2 on horse back, one on a motorbike, an evidence gatherer and at least 2 vehicles arriving very quickly.
Somebody will no doubt tell me the clip is out of context, that this is the best way to arrest someone without causing them injury etc.
One just watched really didn't she

It takes a number to get them down without hurting them. With straight handcuffs, I could get a person down on my own but it would hurt them. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

From the link

She says she told the female police officer who punched her that the officer holding her down was killing her. She says the female officer "smirked" and responded: 'If you can talk, you can breathe."

She could she that? In no stress then

From the link

She says she told the female police officer who punched her that the officer holding her down was killing her. She says the female officer "smirked" and responded: 'If you can talk, you can breathe."

She could she that? In no stress then

So when does the looting - sorry, Peaceful Protest Against Racist Oppression - start? And who do I speak to about ordering a large HD telly? :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So when does the looting - sorry, Peaceful Protest Against Racist Oppression - start? And who do I speak to about ordering a large HD telly? :)
When it stops raining.

Latest Threads