Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police gone soft?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

endure

GCM

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nothing to do with policing by the sounds of this excerpt:

Her suitability for the role was put to the test during a robust assessment process which included the delivery of a presentation before a community panel and media exercise
Something wrong with my brain, I read that as:
"Her suitability for the role was put to the test during a robust assessment process which included the delivery of a penetration before a community panel and media exercise."

Absolutely, take the scenic route to a fight/disturbance, unless of course it’s urgent assistance.
It makes my blood boil as a retired copper reading what today’s senior officers come out with. Going back to the murder of PC Palmer at The Houses of Parliament and the brave actions of the senior copper who quickly told his driver to drive away, those same ranks do nothing to encourage and back the rank and file who are dealing with scum day in day out, instead you make one mistake and they suspend you criticise your actions and apologise to the scrote.
A few decades ago we had the best police force in the world, now look at it, if you want to know how to ruin a good well run Police force then look no further than The UK blueprint for how to feck it up.

This has not happened by accident. Both political parties and the common purpose civil service has seen to that. An agenda is being followed.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A very good piece has just finished on tonight's Newsnight concerning the policing of the black community in London. The first bit was filmed out on the streets and the second part was studio discussion. I couldn't fault the balance of the piece. It certainly allowed the police's perspective.

It'll probably be up on be on iPlayer for those interested.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A very good piece has just finished on tonight's Newsnight concerning the policing of the black community in London. The first bit was filmed out on the streets and the second part was studio discussion. I couldn't fault the balance of the piece. It certainly allowed the police's perspective.

Is the BBC not feeling well ?

Is the BBC not feeling well ?

I think it means that although there is a recognised inbuilt left-wing bias within the BBC, that does not mean that all their output is going to be pure agitprop. There is enough professionalism remaining that a reasonable proportion of their output remains balanced, informative and thought-provoking.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think it means that although there is a recognised inbuilt left-wing bias within the BBC, that does not mean that all their output is going to be pure agitprop. There is enough professionalism remaining that a reasonable proportion of their output remains balanced, informative and thought-provoking.
You're on Live at the Apollo, right ?

I have got to agree with that. I very rarely watch the BBC these days but put News Night on, on a whim. As soon as it mentioned 'Police' and 'Stop and Search' I thought "oh FFS what have I done". But I thought it quite balanced for the BBC much to my utter astonishment.

Both the Skipper in the Carrier and the retired Plod, came across quite well.

Ms Swann, who led the Toddbrook Reservoir multi-agency emergency response in August 2019, said: “I’m absolutely delighted and feel extremely privileged to be the preferred candidate the post of chief constable. Derbyshire Constabulary is a really good force with great people working in it and I look forward to working with the PCC to deliver a good level of service to our communities.”

Yeah... whatever.

NSP

LE
Belgian Police not messing around.
Also 'wtf?' is apparently now a universally used phrase.

Edit: I imagine that might land a UK policeman in trouble, which is part of our trouble.
I contrast that with the video from London a couple of weeks ago where the old bill is rolling around on the floor trying to gently restrain someone as his partner and some lad with a bat try and fail to stop the bystanders kicking him repeatedly. The Belgian isn't really keeping much of an eye on the crowd, such must be his confidence in a) how far he can go defending himself and how much everyone knows it and b) his chain of command's support.

I also see that the chocolatier spots the camera, presumably orders the owner to stop filming, and gets an instant pant-soil as the camera is lowered.

I contrast that with the video from London a couple of weeks ago where the old bill is rolling around on the floor trying to gently restrain someone as his partner and some lad with a bat try and fail to stop the bystanders kicking him repeatedly. The Belgian isn't really keeping much of an eye on the crowd, such must be his confidence in a) how far he can go defending himself and how much everyone knows it and b) his chain of command's support.

I also see that the chocolatier spots the camera, presumably orders the owner to stop filming, and gets an instant pant-soil as the camera is lowered.
I would guess that assaulting a police man in Belgium gets you a load of trouble. Whereas, and I am pretty confident this is due to lack of management/judicial support, our officers are a softer target.
Seeing a near neighbour's police assertively policing, and being able to, makes you realise how bad things have become here.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There is enough professionalism remaining that a reasonable proportion of their output remains balanced, informative and thought-provoking.

"reasonable"? I wouldn't class five minutes per week of balanced reporting reasonable

No doubt complaints of "far right views on Newsnight" flooding in and BBC will apologise and do a 30min retraction saying whites and police are racist.

Have you heard BBC "balanced" USA election coverage?

Biden spoke today on new policies of x y z. Received lots of positive feedback and support.

Over to Prat Boy in LA “Biden received loud cheers and standing ovation - video -, blah blah......
- Some key moments clips. 5 mins of Biden & cheering audience
- Here’s some interviews with supporters - 5 mins of Biden 2020”

Back to studio
- Obama & Clinton again endorsed Biden - 2 vids
- Now we discuss Biden's successful remote rally with three Lefties....

Also today: In Ohio Trump held a rally

BBC: We’ve reported both

Latest Threads