Police gone soft?

In_Twists

Clanker
Better off joining the City of London police. No grief. They are the lead Force for financial investigations. After 10 years with your F.I. courses, your CV packed with evidence and contacts in the city, side move into a well paid job with a big city firm as a FI in their Fraud Dept.

Fraud Investigations are all mainly slow time anyway without too much grief, just a case of following the money.
Its just not the job it was though. Just like the Army. I cant speak for navy or RAF but I guess its the same.
H&S, gender, worries about being to harsh, human rights nonsense...all conspire to make it a shit job for anyone with a sense of fair play, fortitude, morals, values and standards.

Is it eleventy twelve?

No , no hang on 26%.

Oh my shoes are speaking to me.

We can excuse Ms Dianne because she's a f*cking idiot.

Cressida would on the face of it be a bit more , oh sod it she's f*cking useless. Stop hiding behind your oh so wight on bollocks and tell us all about your best arrest.*

Most cops can, but I suspect you had a token one as a probationer and you probably got the caution wrong.

* And to counter any well what about yours, it was bouncing a former armed robber turned drug smuggler against a lamp post just off the Archway. The c*nt later went QE.
Just off the Archeay. Were you one of the Commissioners finest those gallant officers of the mighty N who ruled that area with a rod of iron in days gone by

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

And yet again the met police grovel for carrying out their job and the senior officers throw the lads under a bus, any bus but this is an outrage bus.
Perhaps if these thugs with knives didn’t struggle or resist arrest they wouldn’t be put on the floor. Not every one who is arrested is put to the floor, not even if they are searched and a knife found prior to arrest, if they behave they will be just cuffed and placed in a car/van.
So please senior officers, this man from what I have read wasn’t injured in any way so how about backing the lads who keep our streets safe instead of towing the political line and saying how disturbing you found an arrest of a thug.
Some times you just can’t carry out techniques that are taught in a controlled environment when some one who maybe stronger than you is fighting to get away,
REGARDLESS OF THEIR COLOUR!

Last edited:
Avon & Somerset Police seem to have a policy that, if a lot of people are breaking the law (as with the Bristol statue affair) they won't do anything -

Screenshot of force twitter:

_20200719_141029.JPG

I'm not on the outrage bus. More the 'increasingly not surprised' bus.

Avon & Somerset Police seem to have a policy that, if a lot of people are breaking the law (as with the Bristol statue affair) they won't do anything -

Screenshot of force twitter:

View attachment 490834

I'm not on the outrage bus. More the 'increasingly not surprised' bus.
I’ll take it, if the Chief Superintendent is going to be consistent, there will be no more policing of winter night floodlit games at Bristol Rovers of Bristol City from now on?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ll take it, if the Chief Superintendent is going to be consistent, there will be no more policing of winter night floodlit games at Bristol Rovers of Bristol City from now on?
I thought that was one of the perks in being able to watch games for free.

The police force want politically correct robots who will not upset any one but still he able to uphold law and order, an impossible task.
Good god when did that change- I heard that in '75. Remember in training we were taught use our initiative- got to my first allocation, first thing my serial sergeant said to me- right this is the real world, forget training- just do as you're told.

What has an unlawful event in the middle of the night, consisting of 3000 people that police don’t have the resources to safely and effectively break up, got to do with a routinely safe and lawful event that is carried out weekly?

theinventor

Old-Salt
What has an unlawful event in the middle of the night, consisting of 3000 people that police don’t have the resources to safely and effectively break up...
I think that from the perspective of the affected residents, all the police need to do is safely (to themselves) make the noise stop. A handful of largish blokes with bolt cutters (and a drone overhead to collect evidence) should have been quite cabable of disabling the power generators.
What 3,000 pissed and/or spaced out revellers do with themselves for the rest of the night and how they then get home is a matter for the organisers to worry about.

Iirc the footy clubs pay for policing of games...
They only pay for the police that are deployed onto the footprint of the club, they are not responsible for paying for the numerous number of police that have to be deployed into the city prior to, during and after the game to deal with fan generated issues.

This is as a result of a court case brought by Leeds United against W Yorks Police. The taxpayer is now responsible for that.

Latest Threads