Police gone soft?

Just as a quick drift-ish, a mate of mine in GMP once told me that various Police forces were trying to move away from recruiting ex forces, especially Army.
I've been told the same. The ideal recruit would be a graduate who would stay for 3-5 years and then go elsewhere. I'm assuming that staff-level ranks (Insp.+) will eventually all be DE graduates, because I don't see how anyone can accumulate enough experience to get to that level of promotion in 5 years?

Just as a quick drift-ish, a mate of mine in GMP once told me that various Police forces were trying to move away from recruiting ex forces, especially Army.
Makes sense. The Army isn't exactly toppers with people who have swallowed the XLW bullshit that you need to get on with the Police these days.

Much better off getting in a young impressionable recruit who has just spent three years at University getting their head filled with bollocks about how straight, white men are cnuts.

attempted murder?
Attempted murder is very hard to prove, harder than murder. For attempted you need to prove the intent was to kill. For murder you only need to prove the intent was to cause GBH otherwise a man of this parish would have got away with kicking his girlfriend to death a few years ago. Once the prosecution showed he had intended to seriously hurt her he was bang to rights and is now doing life (25 minimum)

Attempted murder is very hard to prove, harder than murder. For attempted you need to prove the intent was to kill. For murder you only need to prove the intent was to cause GBH otherwise a man of this parish would have got away with kicking his girlfriend to death a few years ago. Once the prosecution showed he had intended to seriously hurt her he was bang to rights and is now doing life (25 minimum)
So presumably the CPS didn't go for that as they wouldn't of met their "reasonable chance of success" criteria

I must have missed that part of my AFO course....

Funnily enough though if a firearm is needed to be pointed at someone (considered in itself a use of force and must be justified) then it's usually serious enough for the finger to be on the trigger otherwise why is it being aimed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The only reason to have your finger inside the guard is because you're about to kill something. No other reason.

So presumably the CPS didn't go for that as they wouldn't of met their "reasonable chance of success" criteria
But surely they're already taking him to court, lob it into the mix to see what sticks?

Might also give el scrottee a sudden short sharp shock.
Police: I'm further arresting your for Attempted Murder [or whatever the official term is].
Scrote: wait.. what? (to lawyer) what's that worth in prison time?
Lawyer: 25 years.
Scrote: *glup*

Green_Homer

War Hero
The only reason to have your finger inside the guard is because you're about to kill something. No other reason.
Not at all. It means you MIGHT have to use a probably lethal use of force...

As I said previously, the fact a firearm has to be aimed needs to be justified and means the subject is posing an obvious lethal or likely imminent lethal threat (for example intelligence led). It means that the officer has the immediate right to defend him/herself /colleagues / public etc. Milliseconds count!

This categorically does NOT automatically justify firing. Officers must attempt to resolve the situation without firing UNLESS it is unavoidable and that there is a risk to life or of serious injury.

Not at all. It means you MIGHT have to use a probably lethal use of force...

As I said previously, the fact a firearm has to be aimed needs to be justified and means the subject is posing an obvious lethal or likely imminent lethal threat (for example intelligence led). It means that the officer has the immediate right to defend him/herself /colleagues / public etc. Milliseconds count!

This categorically does NOT automatically justify firing. Officers must attempt to resolve the situation without firing UNLESS it is unavoidable and that there is a risk to life or of serious injury.

Those of us who have the privilege of carrying firearms in the course of our duties, must absolutely abide by the law. That is not disputable.
Shame though, that the crims didn't get that memo...

Green_Homer

War Hero
Those of us who have the privilege of carrying firearms in the course of our duties, must absolutely abide by the law. That is not disputable.
Shame though, that the crims didn't get that memo...
Agreed, hence the need for AFOs.

I was trying more to explain the rationale of why an AFO would need to have the finger on the trigger. On normal foot patrol the finger will be firmly outside the guard. When performing a tactic this will vary depending on the situation.

Agreed, hence the need for AFOs.

I was trying more to explain the rationale of why an AFO would need to have the finger on the trigger. On normal foot patrol the finger will be firmly outside the guard. When performing a tactic this will vary depending on the situation.

Having a finger on the trigger was (and probably still is) one of my absolute pet hates. It was the reason why a lot of my recruits did a lot of pressups.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Having a finger on the trigger was (and probably still is) one of my absolute pet hates. It was the reason why a lot of my recruits did a lot of pressups.
Well quite... If it needs to be there then fine, if it doesn't then don't do it Generally though if it warrants being aimed it warrants the safety off and finger on the trigger.

BopBopBop

War Hero
Long long ago I was doing the usual Met firearms refresher at Lippitts Hill.

We were broken down into four man teams and were practicing a few scenarios.

I was with two other blokes from district and an ancient PC from Royalty Protection.

We were given a detailed description of an armed suspect who was last seen 30 seconds ago running into "that hotel".

So off we went to search one of the wooden huts with our .38's.
It had a long straight corridor with rooms off both sides.

We were well into the search, two of us controlling the corridor and two clearing the rooms one at a time.

A DS came from the far end of the corridor acting the stooge/hotel resident but was not the armed suspect we were looking for.
He was shouting "get out of my room, what are you doing in my room?" and being a complete pain getting in the way.

I said to the Royalty PC "take him out".
Without hesitation the PC double tapped him.

When the training kicks in... it just does.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

I have never shagged in uniform, when I was paid 24 hours a day...... Or