Police gone soft?

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
Yep, removed from the Law Societies Civil Justice Cttee for (in her own words):

And allegations of bullying:
Woman is so up her own arse, self important ****,but she probably doing nothing for race relations

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Slightly off thread but more down to the Justice System (?) as a whole.
Being something of an obvious cripple, I am too often a target for criminal scum. More fool them.
Imagine my surprise at some ‘charming and exotic gentleman’ trying to mug me in a very distinctive and unusual fashion.
The surprise on my part was not the method of execution of the rather physical attempted assault upon my person. No indeed.
The confusing oddity was that, when putting my hand on and firmly squeezing on his pharynx with his head ricocheting off the pub wall, was that as I rattled the cnut’s head on the bricks (don’t fcuk with even a crippled Rifleman) I recognised the dribble. The last time that I had seen him was two years before, across a courtroom in South London when he had received a further three years (because of the attempted robbery on myself in the same neighbourhod along with numerous other offences elsewhere) on top of the sentence that he was already serving with an order for deportation at the end of the term.
How the spacker was loose on our streets again is a total mystery to me (as is how he didn’t recognise me, wooden third leg, trilby hat and fairly uncommon facial hair).
The most annoying thing is because of my illness and other crap, I was not able to deal with it as I should have so the twot is probably still knocking about.
I look forward to our next meeting.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Reading some of the info about her, it would make her a "shoe in" if she wanted to be a Labour MP & replace the Abbotamus as Shadow Home Secretary!
snips "Sophie Khan, a civil liberties and human rights lawyer"
and "Ms Khan, who regularly appears in the media as a commentator on diversity issues"
God help us if she ever does, methinks she'd outdo even some of the rabid nutters in Labour now!.

When the revolution starts can we hang the people whom post links behind Paywalls?

Last edited:
When the revolution starts can we hand the people whom post links behind Paywalls?
Hand? Or hang?

I get two free a month. You could if you applied. Plus the relevant bits are quoted.

Hand? Or hang?

I get two free a month. You could if you applied. Plus the relevant bits are quoted.
Don't have the time to really read it and I always forget to cancel or pay parking tickets before it doubles

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading some of the info about her, it would make her a "shoe in" if she wanted to be a Labour MP & replace the Abbotamus as Shadow Home Secretary!
snips "Sophie Khan, a civil liberties and human rights lawyer"
and "Ms Khan, who regularly appears in the media as a commentator on diversity issues"
God help us if she ever does, methinks she'd outdo even some of the rabid nutters in Labour now!.
she only seems to open her mouth when black criminals are prosecuted by the racist police
that is black criminals doing more crime, or being apprehended doing crime

from her my wonderful life page and how important I am page

Before I settled on law I wanted to be a conservationist. I had read Peter Matthiessen’s book The Snow Leopard, in which he diarised his journey through the Himalayas, and wanted to follow in his footsteps

He had a privileged start in life, giving him the ability not to have to worry about working like the rest of us and the connections to get well paid work and choose his career, not so different to you then ?

I’ve always been a worker and couldn’t wait to qualify.
I can remember in my final year at university thinking I still had two years before I could put the law into practice.

IE I knew it all !

My first case against the police was quite serious. It involved a guy who lived next door to the firm and had been targeted because of the colour of his skin.

Or because he was a criminal perhaps, and fitted the description of a person involved in a crime ?

When I was at Imran Khan & Partners I dealt with so many different cases in my first month.
Every day people would call with enquiries – taser cases, judicial reviews, assaults, human rights cases, breaches of privacy, search warrants. At the moment I’m representing a blind man tasered because it was thought his stick was a samurai sword.

I looked at the two cases like this and your name was not mentioned

The respect that the police need to give communities has vanished.
The police have to deal with that urgently or they won’t receive the respect they in turn need to do their job.

When you say Communities, you dont actually mean the general public, you mean narrow sections of the community who think that their race, creed, or ethic background should cause them to be treated differently or ignored ???
while the rest of that same community usually of the same race creed and colour get on with life working paying taxes and not stealing, robbing, stabbing, drug dealing ??

It’s changing, but a lot of lawyers are still scared of saying anything on Twitter.
But a tweet is personal, and people see it that way. So long as you’re not breaking a client confidence, affecting a case or making, say, a racist comment, I can’t see the problem. I have 1,012 followers.

Lawyers with one or two rare exceptions , are very intelligent, cultured and gifted people, Twitter is an anathema to them

My first appearance in court I found quite natural.
Provided you know the law and your client’s case, you’ll be fine. You just have to remember that you’re in front of a judge or recorder who was once in your position.

You sound frightfully Narcissist, and overconfident, oh and that judge or recorder, gained that position through diligence hard work and respect, thankfully there is no chance whatsoever of you being given such rewards

Solicitor-advocates are the future. When you look at what’s happening to legal aid it’s clear that both barristers and solicitors will not be able to survive on those rates. Solicitors are involved from day one, solicitors know what their client really needs and wants. That can be missed by barristers who are more narrowly focused on the law.

Dont worry, the chances of you ever being having Rights of Audience are slim

I launched the Police Action Centre in August this year as a non-legal forum and information centre for people who faced an issue with the police.

Ah yes registered as a charity ?

I’m a campaigning lawyer using the legal side of issues to further the campaign through the courts. The community and activist groups I’m part of, such as the Stop and Search Legal Project and Stop Criminalising Hackney Youth, means I have people’s confidence. A lot of my cases come from the campaigns I’m involved with.

Ah Hackney, a low crime area where its safe to walk the streets, where stabbing never occur, muggings, or drug dealing ?

From today's Guardian.

In terms of what I see in Cardiff (police ignoring a lot of crime, even that which takes place in front of them) there are major concerns.

This is exactly what The Police Federation forecasted about 7 years ago, why are you surprised?

May however accused officers of “Crying Wolf”, and her colleagues in government did not speak out or challenge her.

We are now in a position, where the current government act as if they weren’t told and had no responsibility for the state we find ourselves in.

About 5 to 10 years still to get back to where we were in 2010 with a population increase of 3 million.

The Government and The Country we’re constantly warned, but chose to ignore.

If a police person ask you to assist it is against the law to refuse, however I have seen nobody done for not helping.
I am sure I read of a case thrown out a few years ago, where the man who refused/failed to help, said his responsibilities as to the care and safety of his young children who were present outweighed any duty to help the police officer. He was not found guilty.

I am sure I read of a case thrown out a few years ago, where the man who refused/failed to help, said his responsibilities as to the care and safety of his young children who were present outweighed any duty to help the police officer. He was not found guilty.
Every offence has a defence. His appears valid.

The custodian helmet is impractical for anything other than foot patrol, the peaked caps are uncomfortable and fall off in a ruck anyway.
I have a baseball hat style bump cap, which is very similar in construction to the one worn by some cops here, though mine is a cheapo and is blue tartan.

Last edited:
Whoa there Tex... Maybe not blaming the Country for it? what would you have us do? March and protest thereby stretching resources even thinner? Vote Corbyn into power?

Because that's pretty much the only options we had.

Whoa there Tex... Maybe not blaming the Country for it? what would you have us do? March and protest thereby stretching resources even thinner? Vote Corbyn into power?

Because that's pretty much the only options we had.
Instead of appearing constantly surprised when the forecasts made fairly regularly by the rank and file come true, maybe the public should hold those who did it and those who kept quiet about it to account. Too many politicians put their own fortunes before those of speaking out.

From what is currently being proposed and spoken about, you would think that this Government hadn’t previously held power for 10 years. Plenty of people talking tough and making promises now who were silent for years.

When my local Tory MP, who I have always voted for, makes misleading or untrue comments on FB, I always try to put the realities down.

Policing and the wider CJS have been destroyed and no one seems to want to take responsibility. We have a good few years of this before we start to see improvement.

[...] maybe the public should hold those who did it and those who kept quiet about it to account.
How? The only way to do that is to vote Corbyn into power. That was literally our only option, in the time frame you describe (IE: Last seven years).

From what is currently being proposed and spoken about, you would think that this Government hadn’t previously held power for 10 years. Plenty of people talking tough and making promises now who were silent for years.
May was the problem, and there was no way she was going to admit it. You've said as much several times. She's gotten the heave-ho though.

Last edited:
This is exactly what The Police Federation forecasted about 7 years ago, why are you surprised?

May however accused officers of “Crying Wolf”, and her colleagues in government did not speak out or challenge her.

We are now in a position, where the current government act as if they weren’t told and had no responsibility for the state we find ourselves in.

About 5 to 10 years still to get back to where we were in 2010 with a population increase of 3 million.

All 'onest as the day is long, some are even doctors and engineers

I respect the police but they are always doing social workers jobs, not crime. I'm sure they did not sign up for that

Which can never happen. Apart from the diminution of personnel numbers, the Met sold off over £1 billion of its estate assets. They will never be replaced. A gated, multi-use centre on an anonymous industrial estate that cannot be seen or accessed by the public does not fulfil its purpose and serves only to alienate the police from the communities they serve.

VSOs (being VSOs) now chirrup on about the efficiencies of a smaller, leaner and smarter centralised service. They make out that it was all part of a well thought-out vision rather than a response to swingeing cuts.

From today's Guardian.

In terms of what I see in Cardiff (police ignoring a lot of crime, even that which takes place in front of them) there are major concerns.

As the Gen Sec of the Pol Fed said on the wireless talkbox today. Coppers cannot be in more than one place at a time. If there is one crew available then they are sent to the highest priority and your garden shed being done over is not going to be top of the list when the other call might be the sound of screaming and breaking things.