Police gone soft?

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
Depends where in SA. In some places assistance would be given to cops, others you'd have folks helping the perps and in many cases it would all turn to ratshit because the cops would likely be the perps.
Sa police corruption is part of basic training, that's why most policing is done by private security companies

Yup, and their main focus of attention seems to be to do everything possible to get rid of those cops having the incorrect albedo and replace them with those who conform to the pilferati norm.

Actually doing their jobs is not required.

Refusing to assist a constable is an offence under the common law of England and Wales.[1][2] The offence is committed if a person refuses, without lawful excuse, to assist a constable who sees a breach of the peace committed or who is assaulted or obstructed when making an arrest, and who, where there is reasonable necessity to do so, calls upon that person to assist him.[1][2] As a common law offence, it is punishable with an unlimited fine and imprisonment,[1] although it is very rarely prosecuted.[3]

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Refusing to assist a constable is an offence under the common law of England and Wales.[1][2] The offence is committed if a person refuses, without lawful excuse, to assist a constable who sees a breach of the peace committed or who is assaulted or obstructed when making an arrest, and who, where there is reasonable necessity to do so, calls upon that person to assist him.[1][2] As a common law offence, it is punishable with an unlimited fine and imprisonment,[1] although it is very rarely prosecuted.[3]
Now that's the sort of answer I was looking for, ie. pertinent to my questions.
Thanks very much.

As far as I can gather this law doesn't cover those civilians who are police officers and who see another constable being assaulted or obstructed when making an arrest.

The one I put up is only for England & Wales. It gets a tad silly to understand after that

jmb3296

Old-Salt
Quite correct and similar in my legislative area, Scotland

I do recall however my former Chief Constable and now Met Deputy Commissioner going on the record recently whilst in London to advise the public not to become involved in arrests as police officers were the ones trained and equipped to do so.
I am sure there was some context around it that the media completely missed in reporting it.
It was met with dismay by serving and retired officers at the time and would make efforts to prosecute someone who refused to render assistance when they were called upon to do so extremely difficult.

Cannot find the link despite looking.

jmb3296

Old-Salt
Now that's the sort of answer I was looking for, ie. pertinent to my questions.
Thanks very much.

As far as I can gather this law doesn't cover those civilians who are police officers and who see another constable being assaulted or obstructed when making an arrest.
Pedant hat on. All police officers are civilians. I think you are asking if they are off duty and not exercising police powers.

Practically. It would be expected that they would return to duty and if safe to do so intervene.

To turn their back and walk away, or decline to assist would, depending on circumstances, be neglect of duty. A discipline offence.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Pedant hat on. All police officers are civilians.
That's what I meant.

I think you are asking if they are off duty and not exercising police powers.
Not really, the situation I had in mind was an officer on duty who not only refused to help he ran away to save his own skin.

Practically. It would be expected that they would return to duty and if safe to do so intervene.
H&S first ?
Running away is fine.

To turn their back and walk away, or decline to assist would, depending on circumstances, be neglect of duty. A discipline offence.
I think it depends on rank too, the lower the rank the higher the probability of being done.

It's all to do with the tried and tested theory of leadership from the bottom and showing diametrically opposing examples of actions required.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
Yup, and their main focus of attention seems to be to do everything possible to get rid of those cops having the incorrect albedo and replace them with those who conform to the pilferati norm.

Actually doing their jobs is not required.

**** me like being back,sure that there the same people who were asleep in 83

That's what I meant.

Not really, the situation I had in mind was an officer on duty who not only refused to help he ran away to save his own skin.

H&S first ?
Running away is fine.

I think it depends on rank too, the lower the rank the higher the probability of being done.

It's all to do with the tried and tested theory of leadership from the bottom and showing diametrically opposing examples of actions required.
Well we all know of a Met assistant commissioner who ran away when an unarmed colleague at the Houses of Parliament was stabbed to death. According to the Commissioner he did nothing wrong and survived undamaged to collect his enormous pension. Not to worry though incredible incompetence is not just the preserve of the UK police. have a read of the Royal Commission into Lawyer X in Victoria Former police chief questioned about surprise emergence of diaries he said he didn't keep Vic Pol senior management thought it wouldn't be a problem to have a senior defence barrister informing on her clients.
In today's breathtaking episode former assistant Commissioner Simon Oveland is recalled to the stand to explain why he had previously denied keeping an official diary and now these non existent diaries have turned up. You couldn't make it up

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
**** me like being back,sure that there the same people who were asleep in 83
Peckham Police Station control room E/T 2022. Well The Met are only recruiting locally now.
The pistol is actually an exhibit which they are taking to court later once they have booked it in.

What a surprise!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Metropolitan Police says 56-year-old Muhammed Rodwan has been charged with attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon after a police officer was attacked in Leyton in east London</p>&mdash; Sky News Breaking (@SkyNewsBreak) <a href="">August 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
How on Earth did this stabby Muhammed get away with the charge of attempted murder possession of an offensive weapon?

1579874170202.png

1579874204407.png

Who were the Jury - the David Lammy Appreciation Society?

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
How on Earth did this stabby Muhammed get away with the charge of attempted murder possession of an offensive weapon?

View attachment 445551

View attachment 445552

Who were the Jury - the David Lammy Appreciation Society?
It’ll be the CPS that decided on the charges. Utterly ridiculous. Clearly the undeclared purpose of the CPS was, from its inception in the 1980s, to save money and prevent as many criminals as possible from being prosecuted. Clowns.

We should be undermining the criminal’s way of life, not rewarding it!!

It’ll be the CPS that decided on the charges. Utterly ridiculous. Clearly the undeclared purpose of the CPS was, from its inception in the 1980s, to save money and prevent as many criminals as possible from being prosecuted. Clowns.

We should be undermining the criminal’s way of life, not rewarding it!!
Wrong!!!! The Jury found him not guilty of Att Murder but convicted on the alternate charge of GBH with intent.

16 years is good though.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reason we are in the shit is because of Muppets like her,wonder if she would be so upfront if it was a family member who stabby had attacked
Muppets like her occur because of poor education, social experimental structures built into the system and politicians demanding everyone gets a degree.

I think you (collectively) should be looking at the last twenty or so years of educational mismanagement.
Even the ANC have adopted the model to enable everyone to matriculate, and they've even suggested a reduction in the passmark to 0%.

Latest Threads