Police gone soft?

Slime

LE
Appears to be correct.
Flies in the face of numerous comments that the police aren’t out there, they are going soft and that they don’t respond to or deal with crime.

I’ve known that this was bollocks for years. Day in and day out 24/7, cops are doing their job, arresting and convicting criminals and getting seriously injured.
Yes it’s correct
It’s very close to where I am now, it came through the rumour mill even quicker than Avon and Somerset could do a press release

Well, the gates of hell (or Sophie khan) must be about to be opened.

Wonder what the actual roll-out will be?

My CC announced something similar a few years ago, Northants were not the first. Everyone was delighted and it was trumpeted. The waiting list is a couple of years and I think about 20 a month are trained.

However The CC wins, she has made the announcement and can now wash her hands of the matter by saying that everyone can have one. However it is underfunded and will take years to achieve.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve known that this was bollocks for years. Day in and day out 24/7, cops are doing their job, arresting and convicting criminals and getting seriously injured.
I disagree because it is obvious that police officers on the line are doing their job but are hampered by the senior ranks of policing, those who decry the attitude of the police ie anarchists and politicians.

This gives you a good representation of what it’s like to work in a “nice, quiet” force from the perspective of the folks on the ground and in the control room.

Well, the gates of hell (or Sophie khan) must be about to be opened.

Wonder what the actual roll-out will be?

My CC announced something similar a few years ago, Northants were not the first. Everyone was delighted and it was trumpeted. The waiting list is a couple of years and I think about 20 a month are trained.

However The CC wins, she has made the announcement and can now wash her hands of the matter by saying that everyone can have one. However it is underfunded and will take years to achieve.
A Chief Constable with a backbone.

Out of interest,if an officer doesn't come up to scratch during probation, what happens next?
There is an Unsatisfactory Performance Process (UPP) to follow in order to seek their dismissal. During probation, it is relatively easy for The Chief to dismiss them.
What he said. However, ours used to get the Sgt to have a word in the first instance if it was attitude based performance issues, then if it became more official the inspector would have a chat. If it was a case of the individual being a bit dim and not remembering law and procedures then training used to have a word. Instead of attending the one monthly classroom training day they would be told to attend two or three (the extra days in their own time) and they would be given homework.

If those options failed then they would be terminated as unsatisfactory within their probation period. They do try and keep people on if they can be turned around as a rather large investment has been made in them.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They will accomplish FA, until the police get more manpower and those "chiefs" start backing up the front line officers.
This will occur most rapidly if the spineless politicos enact a rule stating that all CPOs will work at least one single-manned night shift a week.

This will occur most rapidly if the spineless politicos enact a rule stating that all CPOs will work at least one single-manned night shift a week.
ACPO heard that.....

rifleair

War Hero
Never gonna happen!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Some decent footage of the type of person who can turn very quickly. This is a PCSO as well, so limited PPE to defend themselves with.

@Boumer

If there is serious public disorder, riots and stuff, as a result of Brexit happening, or not happening, would Taser be a useful defensive tool ?
I can see just how effective it is when a dangerous individual needs stopping. But in a riot situation ? And how many 'rounds' are you going to get issued ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Current Affairs, News and Analysis 70
Love Albatross Police, PMCs, Security 2
robbo833 Royal Air Force 36

Latest Threads