Police gone soft?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No idea mate.
I'm sure there was a clip of plod holding back a bunch of black clad swampies as a bunch of yellow vests went by, the antis got a bit outraged and started kicking off and plod responded in kind.

Their probation is terminated and their services are dispensed with.
Though realistically they go on action plan ,after action plan until they scrape through or quit or get a job on a 'project' where they sit until they can get another team job away from section (normally with many bouts of prolonged sickness in-between). Oh and claim that they're bullied or someone has slighted them in some way.

On one hand I feel sorry for the 12 year olds we employ now as they really have no clue and just go from job to job, on the other I get very grumpy when I hear the constant shout for a postcode or directions.
The past 2 shifts I've had to shake my head as newbies have been completely unable to find large prominent buildings in town without directions. Last nights was capped by a hysterical newbie who was bringing in a scrote from a domestic started flapping because bell-end who was banging his head on the cage knocked himself out and stopped the van within sight of the nick.
Back in the good old days 'kangarooing' back to the nick was an additional punishment for those who didn't learn and if someone had managed to 'bang themselves out' the only reaction would be a comment over the air that the daft bastard had done so.

ches

LE
Though realistically they go on action plan ,after action plan until they scrape through or quit or get a job on a 'project' where they sit until they can get another team job away from section (normally with many bouts of prolonged sickness in-between). Oh and claim that they're bullied or someone has slighted them in some way.

On one hand I feel sorry for the 12 year olds we employ now as they really have no clue and just go from job to job, on the other I get very grumpy when I hear the constant shout for a postcode or directions.
The past 2 shifts I've had to shake my head as newbies have been completely unable to find large prominent buildings in town without directions. Last nights was capped by a hysterical newbie who was bringing in a scrote from a domestic started flapping because bell-end who was banging his head on the cage knocked himself out and stopped the van within sight of the nick.
Back in the good old days 'kangarooing' back to the nick was an additional punishment for those who didn't learn and if someone had managed to 'bang themselves out' the only reaction would be a comment over the air that the daft bastard had done so.
Does remind me of bringing the odd rioter the snatch teams had lifted, lobbed into the back of a Pig or a Saracan & several pairs of boots would be on his head, body, legs, knackers on the trip back to the local RUC shop for handover. He'd come out looking like he'd been run over.

Does remind me of bringing the odd rioter the snatch teams had lifted, lobbed into the back of a Pig or a Saracan & several pairs of boots would be on his head, body, legs, knackers on the trip back to the local RUC shop for handover. He'd come out looking like he'd been run over.
Were we in the same vehicle? ;-)

I thought that the Countryside Alliance March was great. It gave the Old Bill the opportunity to demonstrate that we were equal opportunity brutes.

Nothing more satisfying that cracking the heads of people who firmly believed that you were safely in their pockets.
Yeah, I did laugh at the cavalry though - they were obviously used to people pegging it out of their way when they gee’d the old pony up a bit - but I well remember a couple of somewhat formidable middle aged women who had clearly spent a lifetime around horses being particularly unphased by it all, grabbing the bridle and turning the horses around. Plod were not happy, I recall at least one of the mounties ending up on the floor in a heap :)

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Out of interest,if an officer doesn't come up to scratch during probation, what happens next?
What jmb3269 said. Probation is just that; if you are not suitable then it's goodbye from me and goodnight from him.

Similar behaviour back in the 80s in the Met TSG, prisoners were not allowed on the seats, "seats are for people not prisoners, get on the floor and make like a carpet" can't think where that attitude came from, back then lots of gs ribbons on tunics.

ches

LE
Similar behaviour back in the 80s in the Met TSG, prisoners were not allowed on the seats, "seats are for people not prisoners, get on the floor and make like a carpet" can't think where that attitude came from, back then lots of gs ribbons on tunics.
Used to work in central Mcr, civvy office on first floor overlooking a public car park. Backed onto the Crown Courts complex by the Palace theatre. Warm day, windows open, hear some raised voices from the car park. Some blokes kicking off, two on foot one in a car. Blokes on foot of a dark skin tone & getting a bit leary trying to smash their way into the blokes car. From almost nowhere stage right comes this GMP tac wagon from which about 8 facking massive coppers in all the tac gear come barrelling out, the car thieve look up, shat themselves & try to take off running, one goes arse over tit into a car bonnet before being jumped on by 3 or 4 huge blokes who end up smothering this cnut in fists & boots. His oppo meanwhile has decided in his infinite wisdom that pulling a BFO knife on his pursuers was a good idea. He ended getting a right shoeing from one copper who belted him with his baton across his knife holding forearm. The squeal was lovely to hear. They then ended up giving this bloke a nice set of tarmac burns as they grappled him to the deck & pulled him around a bit trying to get cuffs on him while he's trying to bounce off the deck like he's having a fit. Excellent to watch & very satisfying. Bloke in car was pissing himself at these two getting battered.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I thought that the Countryside Alliance March was great. It gave the Old Bill the opportunity to demonstrate that we were equal opportunity brutes.

Nothing more satisfying that cracking the heads of people who firmly believed that you were safely in their pockets.
If by that you mean that illegaly using ASPs to strike the heads of people who were not posing any physical threat and who were over the age of fifty was the most satisfying thing you have yet experienced, I would seriously suggest that you voluntarily submit yourself to a hospital where they can treat your problem.

If by that you mean that illegaly using ASPs to strike the heads of people who were not posing any physical threat and who were over the age of fifty was the most satisfying thing you have yet experienced, I would seriously suggest that you voluntarily submit yourself to a hospital where they can treat your problem.
That description doesn't really match up with the videos from the event.

Welll I for one are disgusted by this:

How dare this serving Officer suggest that it was free will that dictated his course in life.
We are all too well aware that its entirely due to your upbringing so it not your fault if your a thief, druggy and so on. Its someone elses fault.

Meanwhile, an utter scumbag killed an officer responding to a burglary.
All the arrests made at a 'nearby caravan site' according to the latest updates. Obviously it would be racist and discriminatory to rule out members of the Camping Club at this stage. And 'murdering pikey scum' is right out.