Police gone soft?

ches

LE
Regarding public order,I think back to the recent(ish) riots. Admittedly watching from a distance, I thought that plod seemed reluctant to go in hard. I expect that if this is the case,it was for political reasons not because the officers involved didn't want to. To me,it looked like the cops were losing, and a bit of NI style stick and shield would have ended it a lot sooner.
I remember thinking the same when we had the riots after that toe rag got offed by the Met back in 2011/12 whenever it was. I think its a training culture thing....we were encouraged to go in hard & fast to bring in the ring leaders with the snatch squads & disperse the others with a few well focussed baton charges or full chatting the Pigs at them.

Be under no illusions - May was the impediment to widespread TASER roll-out, as she refused to fund it.

Whilst hiding behind her prot squad in the heavily defended Government Security Zone of Westminster.

Still funny she f*cked her career - burn in hell.
There are occasions when you can look back on a politician that has gone the way of most and who has been consigned to the scrapheap of history and think, "Well he/she did have a couple of good points".

I cannot do so with May. She was unalloyed rubbish and I don't think that that picture will mellow with time.

Regarding public order,I think back to the recent(ish) riots. Admittedly watching from a distance, I thought that plod seemed reluctant to go in hard. I expect that if this is the case,it was for political reasons not because the officers involved didn't want to. To me,it looked like the cops were losing, and a bit of NI style stick and shield would have ended it a lot sooner.
Pfffttt....go proper old school, couple of pilum volleys, then up close and personal with boards and swords.

Pfffttt....go proper old school, couple of pilum volleys, then up close and personal with boards and swords.
Nice one Centurion.

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
On the one hand you have individual officers showing great courage and on the other hand there are the show-off officers who would really rather be celebs. This one seems to have taken it to the next level.

How will the Met handle this, I wonder?
4 years service at most and already working in the Transformation Command whatever that is. No one learns to be a Copper in that amount of time. I suspect she is one of those warranted officers who only wears a uniform for a photo op. Other than that trades on her unique abilities / position as a woman of colour in a white Male dominated environment etc etc.

Reading her responses to being caught out she reminds me of that muppet Labour MP Fiona Onnasanguia (or whatever her name was) trying to defend the indefensible. Sack her.

Any Met Pol able to tell us what Transformation Command does?

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
4 years service at most and already working in the Transformation Command whatever that is. No one learns to be a Copper in that amount of time. I suspect she is one of those warranted officers who only wears a uniform for a photo op. Other than that trades on her unique abilities / position as a woman of colour in a white Male dominated environment etc etc.

Reading her responses to being caught out she reminds me of that muppet Labour MP Fiona Onnasanguia (or whatever her name was) trying to defend the indefensible. Sack her.

Something to do with autobots,or Optimus prime

Given an investigation into one officer from the 2010 Student riot has just finished last year, unlikely anyone is going to go stick and shield for a long time!
As Boumer said, the post action review on The G20 riots indicated to cops that they would not be supported by Government, The Media or V Senior Police Officers if robust force was used.
This was drummed into training and consequently why would officer risk prosecution/disciplinary action with job loss and mortgage endangerment.

As was shown with mopeds thieves being knocked off their bikes by cops lawfully executing their duty.

Back them and they will do the job. Threaten them and you will see a reticence to act.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just a comment on the subject of women police officers; As I first joined, we still had a WPCs department, which meant that they had certain specified duties but did not patrol. That changed and WPCs became part of a patrol section. I worked with some blinders. Hard working, hard fighting lasses. In contrast, I had a probationer assigned to me who was ex RN. First patrol with him, he told me he didn't like working in the dark, was afraid of vagrants ( of which we had many) and hoped he would always have another bloke with him. He didn't finish his probation. I can't complain about any of the WPCs who I worked with, all excellent coppers.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

jmb3296

Old-Salt
L
I've seen both. I had a female tutor constable who was a proper scrapper. And a proby who came to the shift who just would not/could not fight.
Likewise

In the dim and distant past when I was a proby, my female tutor on our first shift together dropped a scrote who called her a **** with a perfect toe punt to his nuts.
He fell weeping and wailing and being a bit sick while she explained the way things would work from here on in
"see son, if anyone says anything like that to me again, you punch them.
I can't always kick then in the nuts because I am a lady"
She was bloody useful in a fight and we went to a few. Some weren't even fights until we got there!

Last edited:
I had to look it up. I found this:

Clicky

I only managed to read the first part of the document before my eyes started glazing over and I couldn't go on. I have less idea what they do now than I did before.

I imagine that keen practitioners of 'Bullshit Bingo' would be kept busily occupied at Transformation Directorate meetings.

anglo

LE
I had to look it up. I found this:

Clicky

I only managed to read the first part of the document before my eyes started glazing over and I couldn't go on. I have less idea what they do now than I did before.

I imagine that keen practitioners of 'Bullshit Bingo' would be kept busily occupied at Transformation Directorate meetings.
I see what you mean, they don't actually tell you what they do, only, that they need
plenty of the best people to do it, what ever it is they do, at a huge cost to
met budget

The lady in question probably did a few day shifts and spent most of her time in the office producing thoughtful reports about how best for her to get promoted in the shortest possible timescale to transform the institutionally racist plod.

By the by, thank god for nigerias got talented big bros and sisses, because at least we can get rid of this useless waste of space.

Latest Threads