Police gone soft?

Albeit the clip only lasts 9 seconds it does look a bit staged. The officer on the ground is in a totally compliant position......looks the same as 'notional' cuffing in training scenarios. In 22 years I have never seen a scrote who has been taken to the ground cuffed so easily, let alone a bobby for whom the next phase of whatever happens is not going to be pretty. I would be fighting like a nasty dog if someone tried to put my own cuffs on me. All bets off.....whatever it took.
I have always carried a number of cuff keys about my duty rig against just such an event. But they'd have to half kill me to cuff me in the first place.
Simply a good example of fake news using a tiny clip of an event staged by actors to test the reaction of the public.

Could it be, that Police Officers would be better respected, if they were taller? They used to be always tall, until the minimum height for Police Officers was done away with. I think that was in the 1970's. Before then they had to have a stature of 5 feet 10 inches, or something like that. Nowadays, anyone can join the Police, even if short.

But can such short Police officers really command public respect? I mean suppose you are confronted by a short person. Don't you feel contemptuous of them. Like you want to kick them. Or shoot them on sight?

Man fights for life after stabbing in west London - 39 people arrested

Bloody hell! 39 arrests! Now, I realise that evidence needs to be secured etc. and I daresay that many of those arrested will be released early doors, but they will all need to be (at least) interviewed. The resources required will be pretty massive at a time of severely diminished resources and when the Met is struggling to recruit and retain detectives.

All this for a single incident. I praise the Lord that I am out.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Bloody hell! 39 arrests! Now, I realise that evidence needs to be secured etc. and I daresay that many of those arrested will be released early doors, but they will all need to be (at least) interviewed. The resources required will be pretty massive at a time of severely diminished resources and when the Met is struggling to recruit and retain detectives.

You've never read Murder on the Orient Express ?

You've never read Murder on the Orient Express ?
I loved the murder scene in the film (the first one). The cast were the great and the good of Holywood luvviedom, each determined to make his/her unique mark on the climax of the movie. As each reached the front of the stabbing queue, various highly dramatic embellishments were made in the process of sticking a knife into somebody. Very funny, but I'm pretty certain that it wasn't intended to be so.

I would have hated to be the person responsible for sorting out the batting order of the end credits. Seldom can so many over-inflated egos have been assembled in one place.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I would have hated to be the person responsible for sorting out the batting order of the end credits. Seldom can so many over-inflated egos been assembled in one place.
Any ACPO/NPCC meeting.

I just invisige the duty officer going, sod it, just nick everyone.

In fairness to the police re. the story below, an MP being shouted at should not be a matter for the police. Nor, arguably, should police get involved with an MP being 'jostled'. No wonder the police are over-worked.
I would argue the same if it were a pro-Brexit MP receiving verbal abuse, too.
Also, what of the idea of free speech?

MP urges police action over 'Nazi taunts'

In fairness to the police re. the story below, an MP being shouted at should not be a matter for the police. Nor, arguably, should police get involved with an MP being 'jostled'. No wonder the police are over-worked.
I would argue the same if it were a pro-Brexit MP receiving verbal abuse, too.
Also, what of the idea of free speech?

MP urges police action over 'Nazi taunts'
You're forgetting that it's Anna Soubry. She's not quite the full shilling.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer