Police gone soft?

Regarding AFO's handing in their blue tickets: didn't that happen during the investigation into the Harry Stanley shooting? I would imagine few things concentrate the minds of politicians like the possibility of losing their Pretorian Guard.
SO19 (as it was called in that time) handed in their tickets to the duty SFO C/Insp stating they wanted to discuss the Harry Stanley situation with their families, there were about 100 officers who had handed in their cards sitting in the SFO Op's room when the Commissioner Sir John Stevens attended and asked "Right talk to me, what do you want..." the next hour was spent venting off at him, he promised he would do his best to support Kev & Neil and asked us all to please take our cards back as he and the capital needed us........ We wanted the prime minister's protection officers to turn around and tell him that they would be protecting him unarmed today but they never did, one protection officer attended the meeting......

SO19 (as it was called in that time) handed in their tickets to the duty SFO C/Insp stating they wanted to discuss the Harry Stanley situation with their families, there were about 100 officers who had handed in their cards sitting in the SFO Op's room when the Commissioner Sir John Stevens attended and asked "Right talk to me, what do you want..." the next hour was spent venting off at him, he promised he would do his best to support Kev & Neil and asked us all to please take our cards back as he and the capital needed us........ We wanted the prime minister's protection officers to turn around and tell him that they would be protecting him unarmed today but they never did, one protection officer attended the meeting......
When Steven Waldorf was shot and COC8 officers were hung out to dry over it lots of officers especially on squads handed in their pink tickets (as they were then).

When Steven Waldorf was shot and COC8 officers were hung out to dry over it lots of officers especially on squads handed in their pink tickets (as they were then).
They should of kept them off them, detectives with guns ...... not a recipe for success
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 15.23.41.png

Could be a Force thing,perhaps? He is with GMP.
Northumbria seems to be filled with bootnecks/rubber daggers.
But again, it'll be a case by case criteria. A former colleague (Ex RM) failed at the interview stage or firearms selection. Which is a shame as he is a quality operator.

Not sure how much truth is in this as it's something that's sprung up while talking to a couple of friends I know in Gwent.

Gwent police are ACTIVELY paper sifting out at the initial stage of recruitment any candidates with a military background.

Ex forces, you have more chance of plaiting fog than you do of being accepted by them.

Not sure how much truth is in this as it's something that's sprung up while talking to a couple of friends I know in Gwent.

Gwent police are ACTIVELY paper sifting out at the initial stage of recruitment any candidates with a military background.

Ex forces, you have more chance of plaiting fog than you do of being accepted by them.
You are going to have to back that assertion up. That would be unlawful.
Serving police officers have virtually no involvement in the recruitment process up until the interview and selection day.

Definitely not at the papersift stage.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You are going to have to back that assertion up. That would be unlawful.
Serving police officers have virtually no involvement in the recruitment process up until the interview and selection day.

Definitely not at the papersift stage.
Not illegal ?

“Black's Law Dictionary defines unlawful as not authorized by law, illegal. Illegal is defined as forbidden by law, unlawful. Semantically, there is a slight difference. It seems that something illegal is expressly proscribed by statute, and something unlawful is just not expressly authorised”.

Quite possibly. Not massive on employment law.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not massive on employment law.
Nor I.
Thought about it since my previous, and there's legal protection from discrimination on the grounds of age, criminal record (within limits,) gender, height, weight, and increasingly mental state, but not as far as I'm aware against previous employment.

Maybe one can deny the job from an applicant if he's previously flipped burgers.

Nor I.
Thought about it since my previous, and there's legal protection from discrimination on the grounds of age, criminal record (within limits,) gender, height, weight, and increasingly mental state, but not as far as I'm aware against previous employment.
Maybe one can deny the job from an applicant if he's previously flipped burgers.
You missed a few. The Gwent Police recruiting page tells me;
"Our Equality Duty applies to both Police personnel and members of our communities who share 'Protected Characteristics'. There are 9 Protected Characteristics under the Equality Act; Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual Orientation."

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"Our Equality Duty applies to both Police personnel and members of our communities who share 'Protected Characteristics'. There are 9 Protected Characteristics under the Equality Act; Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual Orientation."
Most are covered by mental state.

F f s.
So that's where the budget goes

So thats basically everyone except middle-aged white men.

Northumbria seems to be filled with bootnecks/rubber daggers.
But again, it'll be a case by case criteria. A former colleague (Ex RM) failed at the interview stage or firearms selection. Which is a shame as he is a quality operator.
Is it right that part of the criteria is they dont want people who have an interest and knowledge of firearms ?

Latest Threads