Police gone soft?

Mith Nandy will be delighted.
Seriously though, have they got nothing better to do?

Some civvy in the press department spent 2 minutes posting that. The police went on policing. Unwet your pants.

Slime

LE

Chef

LE
Ah, proppa bobbying. I'll vote for that.
You'd be trampled from two directions; those rushing to vote for it and the bleeding heart liberals running away from the concept of consequences.

Slime

LE
I was born abot 5 miles from where that were filmed

Came in feckin useful when i got into a fight with a winch - lost 3 fingers but can still count to 10 without taking my socks off.

I’m regularly in Wells, but even when driving past Deer leap I get a wry smile.

You'd be trampled from two directions; those rushing to vote for it and the bleeding heart liberals running away from the concept of consequences.

Or the number of cops being investigated for years on end.

Ah, proppa bobbying. I'll vote for that.

Was it?

Or was it just a show of violence pour encourager les autres?

Proper policing is mixture of caring for and controlling the public based on good relations (where possible) and excellent intelligence and data collection.

syrup

LE
A few weeks ago once again pre Appleby we had some travellers arrive on the daughters school's sports pitches.
As per usual the chain locking the gate just fell off and they drove over the running track and cricket pitch to get to where they wanted to stay conveniently next to the hedges and bushes.
The hedges and bushes magically filled up with cut trees and black bags full of rubbish.
Advice from the police was if someone knocks on your door asking to do some gardening work check they have a waste carrier licence ( I kid you not)
The PCSO's advice to the neighbour hood watch lot was to leave them alone and they'll soon be off.
The police issued a court order for them to move on and were chuffed when they complied.
Problem was they moved about a Quarter of a mile and set up in some woods which is classed as a bit of a nature reserve.
Again our brave defenders of eh law issued court orders and were all excited when they complied after a few days and moved on (coinciding with Appleby starting)_

A few days after a Black un-marked patrol car was cruising up and down the same stretch of road pulling cars mostly of students and getting them taken away by low loader for various motoring offences.

Strange the didn't seem to keen when our travelling friends were running about in their rusty Transits.
Could it be that people of supposedly no fixed abode had all the correct documentation including tax MOT and Insurance not forgetting the much talked about waste carriers license?

Could it be the police are carefully choosing their targets

Chef

LE
A few weeks ago once again pre Appleby we had some travellers arrive on the daughters school's sports pitches.
As per usual the chain locking the gate just fell off and they drove over the running track and cricket pitch to get to where they wanted to stay conveniently next to the hedges and bushes.
The hedges and bushes magically filled up with cut trees and black bags full of rubbish.
Advice from the police was if someone knocks on your door asking to do some gardening work check they have a waste carrier licence ( I kid you not)
The PCSO's advice to the neighbour hood watch lot was to leave them alone and they'll soon be off.
The police issued a court order for them to move on and were chuffed when they complied.
Problem was they moved about a Quarter of a mile and set up in some woods which is classed as a bit of a nature reserve.
Again our brave defenders of eh law issued court orders and were all excited when they complied after a few days and moved on (coinciding with Appleby starting)_

A few days after a Black un-marked patrol car was cruising up and down the same stretch of road pulling cars mostly of students and getting them taken away by low loader for various motoring offences.

Strange the didn't seem to keen when our travelling friends were running about in their rusty Transits.
Could it be that people of supposedly no fixed abode had all the correct documentation including tax MOT and Insurance not forgetting the much talked about waste carriers license?

Same reason council officers pull in law abiding people for littering and 'dangerous dog' offences. Quick result and less paperwork.

The main difference is the police will engage with the more thuggish section of society, something the council is less likely to do.

Except the environmental protests, where the police seem reluctant to pull people for gluing themselves to the road. Maybe because the malefactors might have powerful friends.

I'd still rather call the police than a social worker or grief counsellor, though the distinctions are getting blurred.

Pick the low hanging fruit, all government agencies do it. So much easier to harass a law abiding member of the public with assets, identification and values for a minor infringement than the people who don't have any values or are wealthy and connected enough to make prosecution difficult.

Pick the low hanging fruit, all government agencies do it. So much easier to harass a law abiding member of the public with assets, identification and values for a minor infringement than the people who don't have any values or are wealthy and connected enough to make prosecution difficult.
Immigration were arresting and deporting Poles the week before Poland joined the EU in 2004. They were back days later legally under free movement after having a tax payer funded flight home for a holiday, but what the hell....Immigration were hitting their figures.

Look what happened with the CSA. Meant to get feckless fathers to pay for their children. That was too difficult so they wen't for the easy targets, chasing men who were already paying maintenence for their kids. Men getting huge bills leaving them penniless. In Hillingdon it was quite a regular occurence on earlies to find a vehicle parked up in the corner of a remote car park with the hose pipe connected from the exhaust to the cab with the suicide note next to the body blaming the CSA. When I went to Brent I went to a few nice council flats occupied by single mothers, fully paid for and furnished by the taxpayers with the women talking about her baby father.

At Chelsea around about 1999/2000 they started getting a lot of problems with Romanian Roma aggressively begging with young children. It upset the Sloanies and the ladies who lunch. Police were reluctant to deal with them because it was a bureaucratic nightmare as you know. Unable to ascertain home address for process so have to arrest including bringing in the kid, deep joy from the custody skipper as you bring a juvenile in. Trying to get hold of the SS to take the kid into care. Getting a Romanian interpreter to intervew, plus lawyer. Probably stuck in custody until past midnight. Meanwhile calls backing up as nobody to deal. Defendent goes to court and gets a £50 fine which they don't pay. Spend half the next day completing all the child protection reports, CrimInt etc. Its probably cost the taxpayer about £10,000 with lawyers, interpreters, the FME etc.

My bold or unless its against an alleged "extreme right wing" party/members as in this case where police had arrested a BF leader and confiscated his phone & impounded the transit van they were using in the election campaign as a result of a false claim by a member of the RoP of racial abuse, when a video showed the man attacking the van

VIDEO: GB News discusses Britain First's court victory against Wakefield Police!

snip "The presenter, once again, was Mark Steyn, who condemned West Yorkshire Police and praised the judge who overturned Paul Golding's ridiculous bail condition to stay away from Wakefield in the middle of an election campaign.
Mr Steyn said:
"Outside of Banana Republics...the coppers do not get to determine which leader's of lawful political parties are permitted to participate in democratic politics."

They off to participate in speeches in Russia again, by any chance?

Special Agent Utah's boss was an asshole, but he had a point:

Do you know how we nail 'em? By crunching data. Good crime scene work, good lab work, and most importantly, good data-based analysis

large_qzKNI8b8EZZhwGFqPavPO04abf.jpg

Dr Cox usually makes good points. ;)
On an aside, I am with my more fundamentalist friends on one issue.

The depcition of the holy movie is an offence agaisnt nature, everyone involved in the remake should be thrown from a tall building.

Latest Threads