Police gone soft?

This guy is identified as an off duty copper.

It appears that he didn’t get the memo about being touchy freely with crims. Or maybe he just misinterpreted it.

I think the inclusion of ‘use your head’ when considering possible ways of resolving potential conflicts in the memo may have, on reflection, been a mistake

I dabbled in three different forms of martial arts in my youth and I too have seen some formidable women. You’ve pretty much nailed it with the last sentence and the best self defence advice remains; if you can avoid or evade a fight then do so.

My bold very true. In the NRP it was emphasised that if you got into a fight & lost, the outcome would probably be fatal, so avoidance if possible. However if it was unavoidable our "self defence" strategies were straight from this school of thought ...
The most relevant part being this surprise, violent & painful (to the opponent) often involving strikes, with fist, knee or foot to the groin!
It was very useful in my first arrest as described here in post 159 https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/tales-of-a-colonial-policeman.279647/page-8

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer

It appears that he didn’t get the memo about being touchy freely with crims. Or maybe he just misinterpreted it.

Brilliant.

Excellent application of controlled aggression.

The recruitment process has truly gone to shit.

Attachments

• 4C8D219B-B226-4A47-ABC6-7DA75DD325BD.jpeg
    4C8D219B-B226-4A47-ABC6-7DA75DD325BD.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 49
My bold very true. In the NRP it was emphasised that if you got into a fight & lost, the outcome would probably be fatal, so avoidance if possible. However if it was unavoidable our "self defence" strategies were straight from this school of thought ...
The most relevant part being this surprise, violent & painful (to the opponent) often involving strikes, with fist, knee or foot to the groin!
It was very useful in my first arrest as described here in post 159 https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/tales-of-a-colonial-policeman.279647/page-8
Wise words. Yet the risible, hackneyed trope of small, petite women effortlessly handing large professional thugs their arses is constantly pushed in modern entertainment, doubtless in the lefts ongoing attempt to emasculate society and in so doing make everyone equal*
The very adroit critical drinker highlights this in a good few of his reviews. The price of misplaced confidence felt by someone who has done some martial arts training and thinking that equips them to take on all comers has already been mentioned down thread.

*Equal being having the same as you and me but with whatever additional extras they determine justified.

The recruitment process has truly gone to shit.

Whats the story behind this - attending an event - fancy dress - photoshop

I only ask as Face ache is melting down with demands he be arrested for impersonatting an officer and I want to poke fun

Whats the story behind this - attending an event - fancy dress - photoshop

I only ask as Face ache is melting down with demands he be arrested for impersonatting an officer and I want to poke fun

He has done his usual turn up and watch people doing their job. And probably asked for some dress up kit. Police doing an early door knock to execute a drugs warrant.

He has done his usual turn up and watch people doing their job. And probably asked for some dress up kit. Police doing an early door knock to execute a drugs warrant.

So no differrent then to a politician being given green kit when going to look at Challengers etc and facebooks gone silly because a) Tory and B) Boris with a bit of C) Grr Brexit.

For clarity Comments like yours viz recruiting are amusing - but Faceache really has gone full retard - theres no witticisms just Idiots demanding his arrest / delmanding to know why he can impersonate a police officer etc -

So no differrent then to a politician being given green kit when going to look at Challengers etc and facebooks gone silly because a) Tory and B) Boris with a bit of C) Grr Brexit.

For clarity Comments like yours viz recruiting are amusing - but Faceache really has gone full retard - theres no witticisms just Idiots demanding his arrest / delmanding to know why he can impersonate a police officer etc -

Why did he need to wear police clothing?

It may just be that he wished to get up the noses of the people who are outraged now......

He seeks to make political capital on the backs of others. He has no reason to wear it.

Why did he need to wear police clothing?
Ive no Idea - I wasnt privvy to the decision making process - but he isnt the 1st MP ive seen dressed in the getup of those they are acompnying

Perhaps to have him blend in - not be a distraction
Perhaps they gave him a stab vest just as a precaution
Perhaps Senior plod think by kitting him out thus - he feels more welcome - more one of the team and thus engenders a team spirit and make him more sympathetic to them

Ive no Idea - I wasnt privvy to the decision making process - but he isnt the 1st MP ive seen dressed in the getup of those they are acompnying

Perhaps to have him blend in - not be a distraction
Perhaps they gave him a stab vest just as a precaution
Perhaps Senior plod think by kitting him out thus - he feels more welcome - more one of the team and thus engenders a team spirit and make him more sympathetic to them

He was only there for the photo opportunity to make political capital, dressing up being part of it. If he cared about the police, he would have vocalised it over the last decade when his party defunded policing and the rest of the CJS.

He seeks to make political capital on the backs of others. He has no reason to wear it.
Despite your buttock clenching indignation, it was probably insisted on by the very police whose honour you are on a crusade to defend.

Firstly, along with woke fascism Health and Safety is right up there in police PC priorities, secondly most members of the police consider themselves in mortal combat with the population they are supposed to serve..

So, the decision making process probably went along the lines of:

PC "Hey Guv (not cool to acknowledge rank), we've got this effing civilian scum insisting on taking an advance to contact with us into the Upper East Cheam Delta,"

Inspector "Fcucking scum politicians don't know their place when dealing with us Gods in the Job, but I have been told he must come. As it is inevitable we are walking into an ambush with intense and immediate combat, get him in full PPE especially a stab vest and oh as there is a forecast of light rain make sure he has full foul weather PPE"

Later PC returns with Prime Minister in vest and coat

Inspector " Where is his NATO helmet? FFS stick that beanie hat on him, this is war, get him in the Carrier we advance at last light"

PC "He looks a complete cnunt now Guv"

Inspector "Excellent camouflage Constable, he blends in perfectly with the rest of us"

The only Health and Safety issue, is him being there in the first place. He isn’t even allowed in the house that is being entered, he is just being a drag on very limited resources. He has a CP Team to ensure his safety and almost undoubtedly his own fitted body armour. It’s part of his childish fetish to dress up. Making political capital on the backs of others. Why would he possibly need a NATO Helmet, he isn’t part of the MOE team or the arrest team.

To travel the length of the country to watch a briefing and a door being put in is of doubtful educational value. It was a photo opportunity to make political capital.

Why would he need a NATO helmet?
Can you not tell when you are having the p1ss ripped out of you?

Another question though why is an old style motor cycle helmet referred to as a NATO helmet other than to make you boys go a little moist?

Latest Threads