Police gone soft?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Working to rule in relation to responding to 999 calls would be a bloody stupid idea. Politicians don't give a flying fornication for the average citizen. Not only would it not put them under any direct pressure, it would be a golden opportunity to shaft the police by spinning it into coppers putting lives at risk by being greedy bastards.

A mass return of blue tickets is a different matter. Politicians are perfectly fine with Joe Bloggs and his family being protected by someone armed with a hitting stick, a can of cry-baby spray and some harsh language. But they prefer something rather more robust when it's their own arses on the line. And as I pointed out, the idea is not without precedent.
Trouble is it’s a cushy number standing around with a gun not doing much all day. Compare that to relief running around like a blue arse fly or stuck inside with a bloody big in tray of assigned crimes.
No one is going to return to division any time soon.

Errr... you mean like now. If I clock a crime I have to send the crime reference and my details to the victim. If I don't, or forget to tick the box saying it has been done I get a very rapid series of reminders starting with the officer whose sole job is to see that crimes are VCOP (Victims' Code of Practice) compliant.

Victims can have my email and/or my work mobile number (though I reserve the right to block them once it is concluded) or they can phone 101 and ask for me by name or number. f I am not available to take the call a tasking is sent to me with details.

Absolutely. This appears to be more Bozo Bullshit.

I have to complete a Victim Contract, I must give the person my name, collar number and work email plus the crime reference number.

I have to agree a method of contacting them and times to avoid, I have to tell them what crime I am investigating and I have to update them at least every 10 days and within 1 day if an important thing like arrest or charge etc. I have to signpost or send them a significant amount of victims right literature.

Compliance with this is regularly dip sampled and non compliance notified to me with a shitty email. I might have 10 or so victims at a time that require this.

I Bozo doesn’t already know this is standard then he is incompetent or he is trying to make a noise on law and order with no basis as it is already done.

The majority of Proactive Policing went years ago.
I think it was the Met who reported 'New Years Eve levels of calls' four days in a row last week. Last night on our paths the wheels fell off. Part of that is because 5 perfectly healthy, double-jabbed officers are isolating because someone they dealt with last weekend has turned-on a positive test. Two of them were in a car with her for a few minutes, the rest just standing around, outside talking to her.

Please don't call unless you really, really need to.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember that Jacqui Smith not ratifying a pay agreement, how I and many others laughed when she lost her seat in the next election.
Now what makes me laugh is even back then the police were the football of politics, why have the police and in general the working man’s working conditions over the years deteriorated so much?
In the early 80’s my Grandfather could afford to take early retirement at 60, my father also retired in the 90’s at 60, why is it now people have to work past 65?
Its not just a Covid thing state pension age has been creeping up and up for years now, NHS waiting lists even prior to Covid were up and up. Taxes are up and up.
The standard of living in this country has been going down hill dramatically over the past forty years or so, why is that?
I think I know a few reasons as to why, any one want to hazard a guess?

I remember that Jacqui Smith not ratifying a pay agreement, how I and many others laughed when she lost her seat in the next election.
Now what makes me laugh is even back then the police were the football of politics, why have the police and in general the working man’s working conditions over the years deteriorated so much?
In the early 80’s my Grandfather could afford to take early retirement at 60, my father also retired in the 90’s at 60, why is it now people have to work past 65?
Its not just a Covid thing state pension age has been creeping up and up for years now, NHS waiting lists even prior to Covid were up and up. Taxes are up and up.
The standard of living in this country has been going down hill dramatically over the past forty years or so, why is that?
Brexit?

Has it? You'll have to explain that to the legions of posters on here who grew up 13 to a room huddled round a coal fire before walking 2 miles to school barefoot and it was uphill both ways. If you can honestly say that your quality of life now is dramatically worse than it would have been in the 1980s then I think you're telling porkies.

Probably the major issue is that people are living longer. More people on the taking money out side of pension age means those still paying in have to give more for longer. I'm pretty sure the state pension age was set at 60 as average life expectancy was around 65. Life expectancy is now around 82 in the UK so we should be retiring around 75 to keep the same proportions.

JCC

LE
Has it? You'll have to explain that to the legions of posters on here who grew up 13 to a room huddled round a coal fire before walking 2 miles to school barefoot and it was uphill both ways. If you can honestly say that your quality of life now is dramatically worse than it would have been in the 1980s then I think you're telling porkies.

Probably the major issue is that people are living longer. More people on the taking money out side of pension age means those still paying in have to give more for longer. I'm pretty sure the state pension age was set at 60 as average life expectancy was around 65. Life expectancy is now around 82 in the UK so we should be retiring around 75 to keep the same proportions.

From the UK in 2016 in the FT:

"According to IFS director Paul Johnson, Britons are due to have suffered more than a decade of flat-lining real earnings growth, with real wages still below their pre-crisis peak in 2021."

source: https://archive.ph/BEXMY#selection-1849.0-1849.187

From the US:

1627226906274.png

Without derailing the thread further the UK has a problem with both productivity and distribution.

Has it? You'll have to explain that to the legions of posters on here who grew up 13 to a room huddled round a coal fire before walking 2 miles to school barefoot and it was uphill both ways.
Huh, we dreamed of things like that where I grew up. It was regarded as pure luxury. Southern pooftah's no doubt.

Errr... you mean like now. If I clock a crime I have to send the crime reference and my details to the victim. If I don't, or forget to tick the box saying it has been done I get a very rapid series of reminders starting with the officer whose sole job is to see that crimes are VCOP (Victims' Code of Practice) compliant.

Victims can have my email and/or my work mobile number (though I reserve the right to block them once it is concluded) or they can phone 101 and ask for me by name or number. f I am not available to take the call a tasking is sent to me with details.
Yes but it is all sheep rustling and bestiality around your way isn't it.

anglo

LE
1] Imports of cheap labour,
2] Out sourcing of manufacturing overseas, mainly china,

Finally found their.minerals state side: NYPD Brings a Reckoning on Leftists Who Seize Property and Call Them 'Slavecatchers'

As we reported, the LAPD let loose at the WiSpa last weekend actually responding to getting attacked by Antifa, whacking them with batons and taking them down with non-lethal impact munitions. A bunch of them were also arrested. Lo and behold, Antifa isn’t out again this weekend. Could it be that if they finally get a response to their violence that they learn not to continue, if there are consequences?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

People may be living longer but the quality isn’t there. What’s the point of being sat in a chair all day long in a nursing home in your nineties? It’s not like you can have an extra 10 years in your thirties is it.
We are working longer hours than ever before for less pay, housing is dire with young people being worse off than their parents and not able to afford a house and if they can have you seen modern housing estates? Awful way to live, hemmed in with postage sized gardens.
Roads are a joke overcrowded schools over crowded trains, bloody hell the list goes on.

Latest Threads