Police gone soft?

I don't know what it was actually. I was only vagualy aware at the time but I am pretty sure it wasn't Army V Navy as I would have remembered that.
Admit it . You were pissed

enpointe

Clanker
Has it occurred to you that:

a) there are quite a few SMEs on Arrse who use their experience as evidence and fact to backup their POV,

b) the harrumphing classes might just feel justified in their hard earned tax being well spent in terms of effective policing for and of all rather than policing for those who shout loudest of those who consent to be policed (the two are largely mutually exclusive),

c) the Rank and File Police Officers might just consider that effective leadership and command skills should be a given at all levels of leadership and command rather than having attended the correct courses,

d) doing your job and being pilloried for it whilst having both your hands tied behind your back courtesy of a) to c) above might just be very demoralising yet they go out shift after shift and try to make a positive difference and

e) people like you are part of the problem and probably aren’t quite ready for grown up debate

I am not a Police Officer. My daughter is 3 weeks into becoming one and I know a few down the pub. Their version of the world doesn’t get into papers and if it did, I’d largely ignore it and listen to people who actually do the job rather than the agenda driven utterances of agenda driven people. Which camp are you in, Spouter Of Agenda Bollocks or Bloke/ess who’s actually done the job?
Veteran in the definition in current use ( ex STAB in reality )
also former frontline Healthcare professional ( Emergency ,dept, assessment unit, Ambulance work and 'Night time economy' as well as a Silver commander for events work ...

who happens to have a sibling who is also a veteran and is currently serving Police (temporary)Sergeant ...

try again

also former frontline Healthcare professional ( Emergency ,dept, assessment unit, Ambulance work and 'Night time economy' as well as a Silver commander for events work ...

who happens to have a sibling who is also a veteran and is currently serving Police (temporary)Sergeant ...

try again
Welcome to Arrse. unless you are a sock

Does this happen with any other sport? I get the feeling it's only football.
There's been a little agro now and again at Boxing matches. Apart from that Ice Hockey riots in Canada are rare but not unknown.

try again
All very good.

Bottom line, you’re not and never have been a police officer?

That leaves one option in the “which camp are you in” stakes regarding this particular thread.

Given that the police seem incapable or unwilling to get involved with the illegal e-scooters on the streets I don't expect they'll actually do much about airborne incendiary devices.

Plus being called 'Chinese Lanterns' means there's a chance of upsetting the BAME community which is career damaging.
I hear you're a racist now, Father.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was on overtime but I wasn't pissed.
Shame, I had a right hangover at Wembley once, a WC qualifier V Poland I think, luckily the skipper took one look at me and put me on the family enclosure a great seat, hat off sat down with a bottle of water, nursing a head which cleared up by half time.
Turned out to be a nice day, I think England won as well and the kids were very well behaved:slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
3% for NHS
1.5% for Fire
0.000% for Police

that is nothing. No pay rise this year. Odd that the workforce that has the right to strike gets a pay rise. Police Fed can do very little.

There is a new “independent working group” scrutinising Stop and Search and we get “inputs” on using our powers ethically on a weekly basis. To be honest, unless I’ve seen the knife or watched them buy the drugs I’m probably not going to bother. It’s not worth the hassle.

Latest Threads