Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police gone soft?

Thanks.

in that case I have conflated two separate cases my apologies. I don’t know the other case and have no comment on it.

Apology accepted, old chap. This is the one I was referring to,

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bit more background here

the crown were content there was sufficient to prosecute under the communications act, the sheriff convicted and the conviction was upheld on appeal.

the free speech argument was advanced and the sheriff and the appeal court dismissed that after considering the arguements for and against.

i haven’t seen anything that the complaint arose from a politicians staff and from the reports the circumstances appear to be anti semitic, ie “ gas the Jews”.
Had he trained the dog to raise it's paw in response to "Gas the Jews" ?
I've only read the BBC report which said the pug raised it's paw in response to phrases such as "Sieg heil" and he received a fine for showing it on the net.
It's not like the BBC to gloss over the first phrase - unless it's already in the latest Labour manifesto.

Would he have received the same fine if he'd shown footage of the dog raising it's paw to phrases like "Workers of the world unite" ?

I've only read the BBC report which said the pug raised it's paw in response to phrases such as "Sieg heil" and he received a fine for showing it on the net.
It's not like the BBC to gloss over the first phrase - unless it's already in the latest Labour manifesto.

Would he have received the same fine if he'd shown footage of the dog raising it's paw to phrases like "Workers of the world unite" ?
Not everyone's cup of tea, but he pretty much nails.

Rowan Atkinson only other Comedian to challenge the convention.

Where's Nish and That Boss eyed no mark the Beeb pay a fortune to, with their 'cutting edge satire'?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Its a dog
whats it going to do invade Poland !

Has that scruffy looking policewoman got her hands in her pockets as well?
What a scruffy bunch of c*nts.
Merseyside police farce's finest.
It rather looks like she's telegraphing " I really, really, really wish I was down [insert local sh1thole] Lane now fighting with the spice heads rather than being in this w@nkfest of a photo.

If the Chief Inspector tried to get this out on our Division the Inspectors [4 of the finest chaps you could ask for] would politely tell her ....no... Not that she would, she's a pretty decent sort who plays the game up to a point but is always wiling to stick her neck out for the boys and girls on the front line [even if she hasn't got me my TASER course yet...]

From the snowflake thread, thanks @MOzanne

View attachment 551731

And the grown up became involved, hopefully an illuminating discussion followed leaving some officers better informed.
It is unlikely that the original misinformation hoarding was commissioned by someone on a lower pay band.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Its a dog
whats it going to do invade Poland !
Probably not, but according to the judge, the video would incite others to do so.

When they removed the beak's sense of humour, did they just say, "Stuff it, let's take the entire brain while we're at it" ?

jmb3296

War Hero
It is unlikely that the original misinformation hoarding was commissioned by someone on a lower pay band.
Depends what delegated authority they have, it is possible that after several similar campaigns they did, these trailers really aren’t that expensive.

I would suspect that if so, they don’t have that authority now.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably not, but according to the judge, the video would incite others to do so.

When they removed the beak's sense of humour, did they just say, "Stuff it, let's take the entire brain while we're at it" ?
you really have to wonder dont you
just as well he didnt dress it up as KKK, that would have really set the cat amongst the pigeons

Latest Threads