Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police gone soft?

I was told the same thing, my response then "is fortunately Mate, there's not a lot of 'em around". It seems I was wrong on the second count and relatively right on the former.

Surely you didn’t call somebody mate all those years ago.

Was it the same person?

No. But I was once scolded by a drunken student girl when a young uniformed PC.

She and her mates had been throwing the bags for a charity shop around when they were drunk making their way home. Talking to them we were given the full "don't you have anything better to do?", turns out one of her drunken male companions was wanted on PNC for a serious sexual assault.

He got nicked and chucked in a van, we remarked we did now have better things to do; and that she should ask him what he had been nicked for when they next chatted.

I always found slow and studied politeness an excellent tool of rebuke.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Police gone soft?

Yep, Soft in the head

39620146-0-image-m-23_1614001221754.jpg

From the snowflake thread, thanks @MOzanne

View attachment 551731

And the grown up became involved, hopefully an illuminating discussion followed leaving some officers better informed.

Pity no one told Polis Scotland. They nicked a bloke for comparing Sturgeon to Hitler. To be clear, he didn't make any threats, or racist remarks. He was just disgusted by the Lockdown rules, especially as it meant he couldn't attend a family funeral.

Sturgeon didn't even read the email. One of her staff did, and contacted the polis. Who instead of telling them to grow up and stop wasting police time, arrested and charged the guy with an offence under the communication's act.

Pity no one told Polis Scotland. They nicked a bloke for comparing Sturgeon to Hitler. To be clear, he didn't make any threats, or racist remarks. He was just disgusted by the Lockdown rules, especially as it meant he couldn't attend a family funeral.

Sturgeon didn't even read the email. One of her staff did, and contacted the polis. Who instead of telling them to grow up and stop wasting police time, arrested and charged the guy with an offence under the communication's act.
Adolf Krankie does have a certain ring to it.

Have to admit, even I chuckled at that.

It's an offence to be offensive. Oh.

There's a lot of qualifiers to that statement. And a lot of ink spilt in Blackstones.

jmb3296

War Hero

Bit more background here

the crown were content there was sufficient to prosecute under the communications act, the sheriff convicted and the conviction was upheld on appeal.

the free speech argument was advanced and the sheriff and the appeal court dismissed that after considering the arguements for and against.

i haven’t seen anything that the complaint arose from a politicians staff and from the reports the circumstances appear to be anti semitic, ie “ gas the Jews”.

4(T)

LE

Ironic, given that the SNP's powerbase is built almost entirely on propagandised and contrived racial hatred.

Bit more background here

the crown were content there was sufficient to prosecute under the communications act, the sheriff convicted and the conviction was upheld on appeal.

the free speech argument was advanced and the sheriff and the appeal court dismissed that after considering the arguements for and against.

i haven’t seen anything that the complaint arose from a politicians staff and from the reports the circumstances appear to be anti semitic, ie “ gas the Jews”.

The, "Nazi Dug" case is not the one I was referring to.

Latest Threads