Police forced entry

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching a police camera action type programme on the telly. When the Police break down a front door to gain entry for a search, if they find nothing and therefore no arrests are made who pays for the damage to the front door and the door frame?
  2. police...just like the MOD paid for damage to the Iranian embassy
  3. Yup, Police pay unless something illegal is found on the premises or illegal acts are being carried out.

4. talking from personal experience

they send a joiner up 3 or 4 days later to do a bodged job on your door,when you complain you get the old 'fix it yourself then' as if your a real criminal

the male chickens!
  5. Technically they should adhere to the PACE regulations, not that I can quite be bothered to read them right at this time and I'm civil lit lawyer not a criminal on so not my area of expertise.

I think it also has to do with whether your in the house or not at the time they try to get in. If they knock and your in and you don't answer...... well then you frecking deserve to have your door smashed in. I don't think they have to fix it in those circumstances.

However if your not in and they don't find anything incriminating well then its my hard earned cash that has to pay for the repair bill.
  6. Someday when I have the cash I'm going to have a armoury style door installed and send the police a tip off that I'm growing drugs, followed by hours of booze aided giggles as they try to open it.
  7. Steel Bar,chain posted through letterbox and attached to Landrover ,door ,frame ,cage etc lands in street,a lot of fun :twisted:
  8. I mean the 6 inch thick wooden doors, open outwards and only have keyholes and a small handle to turn open :)
  9. Umm.. windows?
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

When I worked for NTL I did a lot of work up West Belfast & a lot of the houses had doors with cages & steel bars behind them & steel mesh over the windows.
  11. Take a look at the toy to the rear,designed to enter through walls ,police but not UK.

12. Or for the first floor option