Police finally go full loony tunes.

As to supermatelot's observations above, I can only speak from experience in one area of london, but I really don't see it regarding demographics.

Call volume does generally dictate whether calls can be answered quickly, it has the biggest influence, along with calls with more risk requiring a response first.

I would also be lying if I claimed the excitingness / weariness of a call doesn't influence how quickly people put up for calls too, but generally that just means a pause of '.... 2, 3 ....' while people hope someone else accepts the griefy call first. They always get a unit assigned when there is a unit free to take the call.

As to supermatelot's observations above, I can only speak from experience in one area of london, but I really don't see it regarding demographics.

Call volume does generally dictate whether calls can be answered quickly, it has the biggest influence, along with calls with more risk requiring a response first.

I would also be lying if I claimed the excitingness / weariness of a call doesn't influence how quickly people put up for calls too, but generally that just means a pause of '.... 2, 3 ....' while people hope someone else accepts the griefy call first. They always get a unit assigned when there is a unit free to take the call.
Various "key words" tend to ellicit an immediate response. "plant equipment" being one of them...after a spate of cashpoints being done over by a JCB...

I could offer more examples but I'd be compromising my persec as it would be easily checkable to those who are able to.

Can you elaborate on exactly what your point is then please?
If you can't figure it out for yourself, and you're indicative of a typical plod, then it would explain a few things, it has to be said.

Things have obviously changed, we used to have a vehicle on my first borough designated '81', which was the 'poo car. The sergeant at briefing cheerfully told occupants of said car, I will give you all my 'poo' during the shift.

A shift as the gaoler for the custody sergeant was preferable to that.

(All of which shows how prehistoric I am - a time before PCSO's, CDO's, livescan even!)

Gwent police have just got their first entry level Inspector. My Mrs works with a lass who's husband is in his particular nick.

To say that he is disliked and the time served coppers detest him is a bit of an understatement. He is apparently getting the arse because blokes will not refer to him as Sir. Respect is earned, not dished out with shiny badges.
Given the standard of many other "seniors"in that and other farces, that is '"pot this kettle, send colour check over".

Anyway, I cheerfully called all my supervisors "Sir", because as my ex-girlfriend observed memorably once; I could make "Sir" sound like "You c**t".

If you can't figure it out for yourself, and you're indicative of a typical plod, then it would explain a few things, it has to be said.
So after I politely ask you to explain your point you go for a cheap dig? Pretty indicative of the average whinging plod bashing quim it has to be said.

Things have obviously changed, we used to have a vehicle on my first borough designated '81', which was the 'poo car. The sergeant at briefing cheerfully told occupants of said car, I will give you all my 'poo' during the shift.

A shift as the gaoler for the custody sergeant was preferable to that.

(All of which shows how prehistoric I am - a time before PCSO's, CDO's, livescan even!)
You mean the Flagship Panda?! It still exists and pandas remain the go to for drawn out calls but the concept quickly goes out the window because there are many calls and not enough units so everyone ends up dealing with everything. Plenty of officers I know remember the good old days where that sort of thing happened though, and the response drivers ignored literally everything that wasn't fun or an i grade.

Glad I'm out of it

As most sensible people are, at least all the ex Police I know are and a few who still serve cannot wait until their pension kicks in.
Our Police Force has gone from being one of the most respected Forces in the world to become a farce of a service akin to a glorified dept. of the Social services, emasculated by years of ever increasing political correctness where accommodating the wishes/demands of vociferous minorities overrides doing the job they were formed to do. i.e.
  • protecting life and property
  • preserving order
  • preventing the commission of offences
  • bringing offenders to justice.
  • IRRESPECTIVE OF RACE, CLASS OR CREED.
  • My former step father, ex d/Sgt Gwent Police, my former F. I. Law ex C/Insp. W. Yorks. Police and a family friend ex deputy C. Constable of Bedfordshire Police must be spinning in their graves looking at the weak ineffective joke it has become. Methinks it is only a matter of time unless the reduction of numbers & diminishing effectiveness stops and we get someone with spine in our Govt. that we will revert back to vigilante style justice, which happened in the Duggan riots

Last edited:

Latest Threads