Police finally go full loony tunes.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
To be fair, the police are only enforcing the law.

I'd blame the lawmakers

This has been about for years.
Along with, the informant who has no understanding of the law believes a crime has taken place. Therefore a crime has taken place and must be recorded with a crime report even if there hasn't been an actual crime. As dictated by the Home Office.

Perhaps, just perhaps, plod needs to improve its arrest statistics.

It's not always easy to catch a burglar after the fact, and tracking down a clever burglar takes a lot of police hours, so it's just a possibility that plod is inventing easy to solve "crimes" to bring its crime solving statistics up to a level HMG can boast about. I seem to remember they tried a similar move years ago, arresting somebody for insulting a police horse.... backfired somewhat :D

'Insulting' words crime which made it illegal to call a police horse 'gay' is to be changed

Just hypothesising.....

Basically, anyone can complain against anything nowadays and it will be investigated however stupid or mischievous the complaint appears to be.
After having jumped through numerous hoops the police can then tell some stupid inadequates who think the world must run to their rules what anyone with any sense would have told them initially - your complaint isn't justified now please go away.
Unfortunately other stupid inadequates unreasonable complaints can't be blocked by the common sense filter and their rubbish snowballs on through the system along with the more deserving cases.

Last edited:
This has been about for years.
Along with, the informant who has no understanding of the law believes a crime has taken place. Therefore a crime has taken place and must be recorded with a crime report even if there hasn't been an actual crime. As dictated by the Home Office.
All part of making the police "accountable" in a baby and bath water fashion that weakens their performance.
Part of the overall fine tuning of the justice system to the point that it's unworkable.

Perhaps, just perhaps, plod needs to improve its arrest statistics.

It's not always easy to catch a burglar after the fact, and tracking down a clever burglar takes a lot of police hours, so it's just a possibility that plod is inventing easy to solve "crimes" to bring its crime solving statistics up to a level HMG can boast about. I seem to remember they tried a similar move years ago, arresting somebody for insulting a police horse.... backfired somewhat :D

'Insulting' words crime which made it illegal to call a police horse 'gay' is to be changed

Just hypothesising.....
Appears to me that the case of the gay horse wasn't about the horse being called gay, it was the use of the term "gay" in a way in public that indicated that "gay" is "bad".
There's presumably a bit more to the incident than the alleged offender merely politely stating that the horse was playing for the other team.

All part of making the police "accountable" in a baby and bath water fashion that weakens their performance.
Part of the overall fine tuning of the justice system to the point that it's unworkable.
Careful now you'll be accused of crying wolf.

What if the horse self-identifies as gay?

This could open a whole can of worms. Or horses.

Appears to me that the case of the gay horse wasn't about the horse being called gay, it was the use of the term "gay" in a way in public that indicated that "gay" is "bad".
There's presumably a bit more to the incident than the alleged offender merely politely stating that the horse was playing for the other team.
The case is not really connected with hate crime, I was just using it as an example of plod making up new ways to make easy arrests and improve their crime figures. In the insults law it went badly wrong and had to be changed. Maybe something similar will happen with the way hate laws are now being used so creatively.

The case is not really connected with hate crime, I was just using it as an example of plod making up new ways to make easy arrests and improve their crime figures. In the insults law it went badly wrong and had to be changed. Maybe something similar will happen with the way hate laws are now being used so creatively.
Was regarding S.5 Public Order Act as far as I'm aware, in that police are expected to be able to not be harassed, alarmed or distressed by someone swearing. If you still swear directly at a policeman you can be lifted under S.4A. Most officers don't bother as they can't be arsed with the hassle of nicking, which puts a hole in your theory they're out looking for easy arrests.

Basically, anyone can complain against anything nowadays and it will be investigated
...unless it's an actual criminal offence. Burglary, for example - especially if you live in an odd-numbered house. Or was it even...?

...unless it's an actual criminal offence. Burglary, for example - especially if you live in an odd-numbered house. Or was it even...?
To be honest unless there's CCTV, witnesses or obvious forensics it's not going anywhere so may as well be binned. We in the Met put on a report, CID look at it and then it's closed anyway.

@Bacongrills

It is exceedingly likely the the title of this thread, 'Police finally go full loony tunes' is offensive to policepersons everywhere. It implies tardiness on their part in going loony tunes at the same time as being highly discriminatory and thus hatefully offensive to all loonies, non loonies and tunes identifying as loony, non loony or anywhere in between.

May I suggest that you surrender yourself to your nearest police station with a printed copy of your thread and make a full confession. You won't need legal representation but @petetheplane will recommend somebody if you need someone to hold your hand.

Confession is good for the soul.

Last edited: