Police crafty or what

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Spanish_Dave, Nov 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I saw a police car in Bradford yesterday (speed trap) a Renault Scenic I think, basically parked up with the rear hatch open and the old bill sat on the back seat with the gun. How crafty was that as the hatch obscured the blue lights, although there was a camera sign that you couldnt see until it was to late. Can you imagine what happens when people see it at the last moment with sudden braking!! :twisted:

2. What do you want? Count down signs from 500m to 50m stating 'Slow Down C*nt there's a camera in the back of the car up ahead'?

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

That would be nice if they did Biscuits_AB

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Write to your local Constabulary Chief Constable, they are always looking to build community relations.

5. You obviously noticed the car because you were doing a sensible speed?

6. The French plod use that trick in Unmarked cars. If you are flying down the Autoroute and see a car on the hard shoulder, tailgate up with no-one around, good chance its a speed trap.

7. The Volkspolizei in East Germany used to use cam nets and would also sit there with the bonnet up (facing the way you were travelling) with the radar sat on the engine.

8. Although, if you see the same in UK ...... its probably been stolen and dumped.

9. But, there again it could be a woman, who could not find the oil cap in the boot and went wandering looking for a mechanic.

10. When I saw the Queen a few months ago out and about she was surrounded by police officers out of uniform! It's like they were waiting for a crime to happen or something.

Outrageous!