Police chief: we cannot cope with violent crime

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stoatman, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/13/ncrime13.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/03/13/ixportaltop.html

2. As the rozzers admit they can't cope with violent crime, I hope that means I can have my handguns back to defend myself....and a deputy sheriff's badge would be nice too.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Don't worry they will be contracting out their CID work to less overworked neighbouring Forces.

4. Live in Nottingham myself woo I famous!
    The police should stop recruiting ponsey Uni leavers if you ask me!

5. On the contrary, coppers on the street are very good at dealing with violent crime in my experience. The main problem is that i@m arresting the same idiots week in, week out as the courts refuse to hand down appropriate sentences! :x

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armourer in the near future?

[​IMG]

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Yep, I deal with the same conkers every week, send them to court to get a £50 fine they cant pay and a 100 hrs community service, they dont turn up for. The courts have a lot to answer for!

RANT OVER!

8. Welcome to "our" world. I deal with this stuff everyday. Murders, rapes, et al and NEVER enough personnel to deal with it.

Of course, further gun control will solve all...

9. You know, the home office had the gaul to put out a statement on the chief constables statement.

It went something like this (paraphrasing, but will replace with statement when i locate it)

In other words, shut the f*ck up and get on with it! Its your fault if you cant manage the resources we give you effectively!

Another example of the govt (home office) passing the blame! :roll:

10. If things are as bad as he says, he should be sacked and a better replacement appointed.

11. Why?

Has it occured to you that he may be doing the best with the minimal resources he has to work with?

Maybe he is just the first one with the balls to admit that they cant cope with the meager resources they are being provided.

Or maybe he is just crap at his job (which i doubt)

A_S

12. Yeah when that happens, I'll have a flying pig sandwhich, on the coach on the way to my two week skiing and ice skating holiday in Hell.

13. No, sorry, to disappoint you. Replace him and his successor will just have to admit to the same or let the county descend further into the mire.

The man should be applauded for having the balls to come clean about something that the Homer* Office would rather just sweep under the carpet or blame on someone else.

This is the response of a pragmatist, confronted by a situation that has no easy answer, not a politically correct, Neue Arbeit 'yes man'.

* Doh! Typo; but it seemed appropriate so I left it in. :lol:

14. What, and keep sacking them until they say the nice things you want to hear? If there is a problem (which I don't doubt), then it needs to be brought out into the open so that solutions can be found. we keep complaining that there is not enough plain talking, and now it's not good enough when there is!?

:roll:

15. From Telegraph article it appears the problem is officers engaged on paperwork in the station rather than wooden poultice application in the street. Later reports suggest this paperwork is to satisfy the civil serveants that have frown in number, and demands, to meet requirements for monitoring workloads. I heard that one police force was reviewed more than 30 times in one year. The need is to make police accountable to local police committees. I seem to remember Wellington reporting to his civil servants that if he were not busy fighting a war he would be only too pleased to tell them how much butter had been issued. If locals want drunkenness dealt with, that should be the priority and stuff the reports.
    Labour spin seems to be that it is all a Telegraph plot to embarrass the Govt. I see that as never mind the message, shoot the messenger. It is nothing to do with ability of the man at the top - other than his strength of character to say 'bolx - I'm busy' to the far off "experts"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.