Police chief faces speeding case

I fully support speed cameras and the Police etc but this made me laugh;
Police chief faces speeding case.
A senior police officer in charge of road policy for Britain's chief constables is facing prosecution for speeding.

Meredydd Hughes, chief constable of the South Yorkshire force, was allegedly clocked by cameras driving along the A5 near Chirk in north Wales. ....In June he argued that "less conspicuous" speed cameras should be considered by police as a way of slowing down drivers.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Lets just hope the twat takes it on the chin instead of trying to squirm his way out of it and making the rest of the Police FORCE look even worse than ACPO level officers usually do.

Lets see if he finds the usual loophole to get out of this, like some other officers in the past have, what will it be

a) wrong colour.
b) wrongly situated.
c) Not up to date calibration.
d) On official police buissness (going for NAAFI break)

jarrod248 said:
I wpnder if it's the same guy that was in court when one of his officers cars was found to be speeding and they couldn't work out who was driving it and of course they got away with it. I'm sure Police officers would have to sign something to take out a car.
A disclaimer to say 'It wasnt me' :wink:

This is THE anti-speeding top dog in the police!
'Topper' even than the lunatic running some force or other in North Wales.
He'll get off though. Only the likes of 'posters' and 'readers' get done.

great news, I do love a lynching. Must be every rozzers dream for a headshed to be nabbed.

ViolentBadger said:
great news, I do love a lynching. Must be every rozzers dream for a headshed to be nabbed.
I seem to remember Jack Straw being pulled in Somerset after he ordered his Special Branch driver to speed. Got points IIRC, must be embarrassing when your running the Home Office........

SD

Just to redress the balance a little. As a Superintendent, Med Hughes used to coordinate joint military/police exercises and regularly expressed his gratitude and admiration to all the military who supported the exercise.

He is a top man - he has srewed up and I fully expect he will take his punishment like a man.

Herrumph said:
Just to redress the balance a little. As a Superintendent, Med Hughes used to coordinate joint military/police exercises and regularly expressed his gratitude and admiration to all the military who supported the exercise.

He is a top man - he has srewed up and I fully expect he will take his punishment like a man.
And this excuses his breaking the law how? Or was it supposed to endear him to us? As I previously stated..........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Latest Threads