Police bodyguards to be issued with stun guns to protect the Royals from protesters

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by mrrandom, Feb 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Intresting read

2. Taser is practical in the CP role, it not only works in the conventional way (21ft) non compliant subjects but also provides a visible and usable deterrent against half wits who while not presenting a lethal threat to your principle are a genuine cause for concern, against whom force has to be used. It is also a very good tool in drive stun for clearing a path through a hostile crowd. It is right that the amount of kit a protection officer has to carry is limited, taser should not be seen as a luxury.

3. Sorry, but am I the only one who finds this a bit...Gay?

FFS, if you are dumb enough to threaten a VIP under armed police protection, you are no loss to the gene-pool. Collect your Darwin Award, delivered by Mr Glock, and fcuk off.

I know our Septic cousins come in for some stick, but anyone dumb enough to attack Obama would end up as a greasy stain on the tarmac.

4. I can't understand why its not been used before

CO6,CO19,CO20 and various other units have had them issued for ages and not misused them so not sure why they can't roll them out to all units

try this werewolf YouTube - Secret Service MINI GUN SUV

5. Unless they charge at him screaming and throwing objects such as say shoes.

6. Nice one - that's going on my favourites list!

7. awesome bit of kit in use with someone other then USSS

8. Fair point. I also have to say Bush showed some impressive reflexes.

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

well he'd already had practice, he'd dodged the draft after all!

10. That is a vile accuracy! He did his part - protecting Texas from invasion by the NVA!

11. Oh that answer is easy, ACPO prohibited the use of taser by non uniformed officers, it's something they are massively against for some reason. The only exception they have been willing to make was for SOCA, and then only when they are in SOCA caps and jackets.

12. how did the flying squad get round that then

13. Squad caps and armour with visible police markings whenever they deploy them.

14. Great, so that means that there'll be DPG blokes tasering themselves in the leg and the load bay at their base will look like the set from Bullseye.

15. I couldn't possibly comment