Police arrest Mr Chris Tarrant

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Litotes, May 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am I the only one who thought that the 4 coppers reportedly sent to arrest Mr Tarrant at his hotel for an alleged assault was a bit over the top?

MSN Report

I personally think that a short note left with Reception that "HM's Finest would like a word about an alleged assault and we strongly recommend bringing your solicitor to the party" would have done.

But that wouldn't have added Mr Tarrant's DNA to the database, would it?

2. Personally I'd have preferred pepper-spray and a baton charge.
  3. Because of this,see link and because he was an easy target for plod.Web Page Name
  4. looks good on the crime statistics
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Does this really count as headline news? I can just see the conversation at the booking in desk at the cop shop.

"Assualt with a deadly weapon"

"Dreadful - what did he use?"

"A spoon, Sarge and a blunt one at that...."

Utter crap

Good to see this on the day that the Police Federation complains about the pressure on their officers to meet government targets, to the point of dropping investigations in to serious crimes in favour of dealing with sh1t like this to ensure they get a satisfactory clear up rate.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

"Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime..." :roll:
  7. "Mr Chris Tarrent, you're under arrest. Oooo, can I have your autograph? And one for all my mates here as well please...."
  8. Hang on a minute there's a detected crime there, and judging by nottingham police's record, they need all the ones they can get to keep their masters in the Home Orofice ahppy.
  9. I hope he got to phone a friend
  10. Who was arrested ?