Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police arrest 320 dangerous UK child sex offenders - BBC

Here they are being marched off to nick (Gerbers and Reactalites removed in shame)

hqdefault.jpg

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
As I understand it the current sentencing advice for courts is to avoid long custodials for those 'just looking' at images of abuse as the prisons are overcrowded and those perpetrators are considered at the lower end of the risk profile.

Where there are convictions for actual sexual abuse the sentences tend to be extensive.

This horror was binned this week for 21 years, to serve a minimum of 14 before being considered for parole.

He also ran a Facebook page which claimed to be 'Fighting for justice for children abused' by outing paedophiles.

I doubt he's unique in trying to cover up his own activities by accusing others.
If that's true, it's so misguided. It's these criminal perverts that feed the machine. If people were not 'looking' there wouldn't be a demand. Plus of course in the Lee Hatton case, he was also grooming a 13 year old boy. He was a Police Officer, committing crimes on duty (which begs the question, what was he up to when he was not on duty? (And could be so much more furtive?) not only should he have been held to a higher account because of his job, he should have done serious time. 6 months? He'll do half that, so he'll be out again in three weeks. it's a joke.

Yokel

LE
If that's true, it's so misguided. It's these criminal perverts that feed the machine. If people were not 'looking' there wouldn't be a demand. Plus of course in the Lee Hatton case, he was also grooming a 13 year old boy. He was a Police Officer, committing crimes on duty (which begs the question, what was he up to when he was not on duty? (And could be so much more furtive?) not only should he have been held to a higher account because of his job, he should have done serious time. 6 months? He'll do half that, so he'll be out again in three weeks. it's a joke.

I think the sentencing guidelines are these ones here. As for abuse of trust as an aggravating factor:
  • A close examination of the facts is necessary and a clear justification should be given if abuse of trust is to be found.
  • In order for an abuse of trust to make an offence more serious the relationship between the offender and victim(s) must be one that would give rise to the offender having a significant level of responsibility towards the victim(s) on which the victim(s) would be entitled to rely.
  • Abuse of trust may occur in many factual situations. Examples may include relationships such as teacher and pupil, parent and child, employer and employee, professional adviser and client, or carer (whether paid or unpaid) and dependant. It may also include ad hoc situations such as a late-night taxi driver and a lone passenger. These examples are not exhaustive and do not necessarily indicate that abuse of trust is present.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I think the sentencing guidelines are these ones here. As for abuse of trust as an aggravating factor:
  • A close examination of the facts is necessary and a clear justification should be given if abuse of trust is to be found.
  • In order for an abuse of trust to make an offence more serious the relationship between the offender and victim(s) must be one that would give rise to the offender having a significant level of responsibility towards the victim(s) on which the victim(s) would be entitled to rely.
  • Abuse of trust may occur in many factual situations. Examples may include relationships such as teacher and pupil, parent and child, employer and employee, professional adviser and client, or carer (whether paid or unpaid) and dependant. It may also include ad hoc situations such as a late-night taxi driver and a lone passenger. These examples are not exhaustive and do not necessarily indicate that abuse of trust is present.
My bold.

Plus, they seem to have forgotton Misconduct in Public Office, and that carries a maximum penalty of Life imprisonment under Common Law. I'd have used that Badger before the reforms come in.

In the eighties you couldn't report that sort of thing. You either got laughed at or "Warned off" if you struck a nerve/allerted those who closed ranks.
Often offenders were shielded by being in the maisons.

bestri10

Old-Salt
Couldn’t agree more, it’s not a crime that time inside can prevent, probably makes it worse and gives them access to vulnerable young men.

We need special prisons and special endless sentencing for these monsters.
A special prison for them is probably the best option if we cant have the death penalty, i strongly believe that if you get caught raping underage boys and/or girls then you should be put to death especially those like aaron campbell.

For the ones that don't want the compulsion, perhaps they should be able to get castration on the NHS as an alternative before they get caught

Better to lessen the risk of it happening in the first place, than punish people once childrens lifes have been scarred
That doesn't often work. During some training on the subject, I was told that chemical castration was offered by Scandinavian judiciary to child sex offenders as an alternative to long custodial sentences, or as part of early release conditions. Many reoffended. The Scandis now believe it's not just a sexual thrill, but is about controlling and dominating the victim. The outcomes resulted in child abductions, and deaths ISTR.

Fabius Maximus

Old-Salt
Wow, they said the ethnicity word.

And my particular favorite:

Yep, exactly the type of roles I would cast paedophiles in if I were writing a book.

Let’s hope some serious jail time for the scrotes however unfortunately the sentences won’t match the crime and they will be freed to do it again, and they will do it again. Sick fcukers.
No! Not in the Scouts?!

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In the eighties you couldn't report that sort of thing. You either got laughed at or "Warned off" if you struck a nerve/allerted those who closed ranks.
Often offenders were shielded by being in the maisons.
Bull, Masons look after one another but not those who have committed treason , murder or other felonies.

Latest Threads