POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER WILTSHIRE CANDIDATE JONATHON SEED

It must be galling for Chief Constables across the Country, with countless years of Service between them, having to defer to a PCC who has probably secured the post only by polling the most votes on around a 10% turnout of the General Public.

In fact no votes from anyone entitled to vote in this household, if he had wanted our votes he should have introduced himself to us using some form of communication that is available these days.

None of the candidates for either the PCC or local council bothered to inform us of their candidacy or their manifesto, if they can’t be bothered to do so they are not getting anything in the way of votes from me.
What he said, i wrote on mine" None of the above" plod has existed for 180+ years without a PCC and jogged along quite amicably, its another level of taxpayer funded unnecessary bureaucracy. (Jobs for the boys)

What he said, i wrote on mine" None of the above" plod has existed for 180+ years without a PCC and jogged along quite amicably, its another level of taxpayer funded unnecessary bureaucracy. (Jobs for the boys)
Before it was a panel of county councillors who were supposed to meet and discuss the funding, policing priorities etc with the CC.
You will not be surprised to find that this was a nice little earner for the councillors allocated this role (it certainly was not an elected position).
And if all concerned thought they had nothing to discuss, the allowance was there anyway. Nice and cosy.
Replacing them with PCCs has been an experiment that should be re-evaluated.
Sorry for thread deviation.

Countryboy

Old-Salt
Before it was a panel of county councillors who were supposed to meet and discuss the funding, policing priorities etc with the CC.
You will not be surprised to find that this was a nice little earner for the councillors allocated this role (it certainly was not an elected position).
And if all concerned thought they had nothing to discuss, the allowance was there anyway. Nice and cosy.
Replacing them with PCCs has been an experiment that should be re-evaluated.
Sorry for thread deviation.
Do you think anyone cares if they are overseen or not?
Surely you don’t need HomeSec and a PCC?
Axe one and limit thenother’s power, leave it to the cops themselves.

Do you think anyone cares if they are overseen or not?
Surely you don’t need HomeSec and a PCC?
Axe one and limit thenother’s power, leave it to the cops themselves.
Yes I think it’s important that the police have some oversight. Money is extorted from me to provide services, including police and fire. I don‘t want that money squandered or mis-spent. So I would want a CC who prioritised speeding motorists over violent crime or burglary to have some explaining to do.
I don’t think that current PCC set-up is the correct way to provide this oversight, but I am the first to admit I don’t have the solution. The only thing I can think of is cutting back the empire-building game that is the current situation.

30 year old drink driving offence. I wonder if it was not the offence and possibly not declared?

I can't help feeling a bit smug

Edited - bugger, beaten to it by @chrisg46
Feeling a bit smug ain’t the half of it, chortle or what, made my day, still didn’t vote for him.

Be interesting to see who they pull out of the woodwork to run in the re run of the election if one is needed.

Latest Threads