POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER WILTSHIRE CANDIDATE JONATHON SEED

Foxes hut for food, humans hunt for fun, and people eat tasty animals
Maybe at first then they kill for fun, evil buggers

Aren't they just and this is the season when the journalist/political fraternity comb all the prospective candidates backgrounds and then slaughter them in their leaflets and on the door steps.
Politics is horribly cruel, but that's life and the Major will have a hill to climb persuading the floating voters he is worthy of representing them.
True. But:

1. I object to PCCs. We didn’t need them until ten years ago and we don’t need them now. It’s a pointless political sinecure.
2. I object to Seed. An undistinguished military career spent fluffing horses and a subsequent role as Councillor In charge of drains. He‘s peaked but will now get 5 years at 100k for being the squashy face of Wiltshire Police. Unless his competence and demeanour have changed in the last decades he’s unfit for the job.

That said, if he screws up in-post he’ll screw the franchise and might not be replaced?

...That said, if he screws up in-post he’ll screw the franchise and might not be replaced?

Easier said than done. As you mentioned earlier in your post, the position is unnecessary and I'm pretty sure some of them have already stroked the cat. They're still there and intent on reelection to perpetuate the trough snuffling.

Doesn't bode well for those who cough for their salaries in return for the expectation of competence.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Fulcher left under a cloud as the SIO of a murder enquiry, after a discussion with the accused he hot pursuit to try and find the body of the victim, in the act of this he failed to follow due process and the conviction for the murder of that victim failed, the offender was convicted for other murders.

Peter H
Wasn't it more that they had hope at the time of finding the girl alive? Hence the rapid questioning that got Fulcher a severe rap on the knuckles? In the end though, they were able to pin the murder of at least two women on the accused (including the one that they had hoped to find alive) - they suspect there to be other bodies out there that the accused was responsible for.

Wasn't it more that they had hope at the time of finding the girl alive? Hence the rapid questioning that got Fulcher a severe rap on the knuckles? In the end though, they were able to pin the murder of at least two women on the accused (including the one that they had hoped to find alive) - they suspect there to be other bodies out there that the accused was responsible for.

No not quite see below

“It was probably the most intense four hours I’ve ever experienced,” recalls Fulcher, “or I am ever likely to experience.” Under clear blue skies, Halliwell and Fulcher smoked cigarettes, and slowly some kind of connection formed between the detective and the accused. Repeatedly, Halliwell refused to be drawn, but Fulcher chipped away, telling him that if he didn’t co-operate, he would be vilified. The press could be relentless, he warned; just look at the innocent Christopher Jefferies, who had become a front-page punchbag after the Joanna Yeates murder a couple of months before.

Fulcher admits he was only seconds from giving up, but suddenly Halliwell cracked and offered to take him to where he’d dumped Sian’s body. This led them to the prehistoric White Horse in Uffington, further up the Ridgeway in Oxfordshire. Here, as the pair sat in the sunshine, almost on the tail of the chalk horse, Halliwell exhaled smoke and said flatly: “Do you want another one?”

Obviously there is a lot of media coverage , below is the Guardian interview with Fulcher once he had left the Police Force

Fulcher article

Archie