Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER WILTSHIRE CANDIDATE JONATHON SEED

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s those on course than ruin it.

I suppose you live on White Hart Lane.
No, but I was born not far away.

I like Wiltshire, it’s pricks like Seed that ruin this kind of thing.

Election was postponed a year due to the first pandemic wave.
That was the reason given so I'll let him off. Still not sure why he needed a 4.9% pay increase though! He still didn't answer my questions, which peeved me off seeing as I'm one of the ones paying his inflated wage packet.

Like I said to him: I bet none of the frontline coppers got a 4.9% pay raise. I bet they were lucky if they got 2%

10 Ord Sp Bn? Just arrived from 3 1/2 years in Singapore with the old man on his promotion to sub-WO1, me as a padbrat - the old mans boss was a rugby playing Major, I think - Jock W. I did not join the force for another few years. TBH when I was in Devizes as a baby plod it was pretty tame, we used to go out socially and about and never saw any fun and games. Then again I knew the local scrotes as I had been to school with them, skinheads mainly as I remember ..... a couple of the leaders were former padbrats whose old boys stayed in Devizes after their 22.
And 20 Med Regt RA. Jock W is dead now. I was in 10 Ord Sp Bn at the same time.

That was the reason given so I'll let him off. Still not sure why he needed a 4.9% pay increase though! He still didn't answer my questions, which peeved me off seeing as I'm one of the ones paying his inflated wage packet.

Like I said to him: I bet none of the frontline coppers got a 4.9% pay raise. I bet they were lucky if they got 2%

As if PCC's are anything to do with actual policing!

Investigating musket and cannon ball incidents.

Did your horse have a blue light on?
No I was a mere subaltern then :) However in those days men were men and sheep were frightened. As an aside as an anti tank weapon we still had the 3.5" RL and I knew more about the 7.62mm BREN than the troops. Thanks to my A&SH ACF days. Mind you we were well trained!!

Last edited:

but they stick their fingers in at the most inopportune times........the port swilling, bean counting, self promoting, pseudo political, spongers.

When they replaced the old Police Authorities the idea was that as an elected official they would be receptive to public attitudes about the governance of the police. They took (and still do) an oath of impartiality, but as it turned out, the major political parties jumped on the bandwagon and as a result most of the PCCs around the country are the lackeys and running dogs of the parties.

Having said that, last time I could be bothered to look there were still several Independents in PCC posts, reflecting a public concern that PCCs should have no party affiliation. I vote for the Independent candidates (if there is one or more) as a matter of principle, but it is pitiful to see the mountain these candidates have to climb in order to compete with the party-backed candidates who have the financial and administrative support of the dominant party in their area.

Wiltshire, including Swindon, is solid blue, and this man Seed, as the Conservative candidate for PCC is a shoe in.

Last edited:
No I was a mere subaltern then :) However in those days men were men and sheep were frightened. As an aside as an anti tank weapon we still had the 3.5" RL and I knew more about the 7.62mm BREN than the troops. Thanks to my A&SH ACF days. Mind you we were well trained!!

They certainly were with some of the former heavy drop lads that lingered around Devizes.

Times change. I bluffed and cuffed, it‘s the modern(ish) AT way :-D
Mate I was talking about the ACF. A lot of the Instructors were ex WW2 Black Watch and Argylls. No H&S, snowflakes or BAME. We even bought spike bayonets for our No 4 Mk1 Lee Enfield's from Exchange and Mart.