POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER WILTSHIRE CANDIDATE JONATHON SEED

For those of you who felt he was victim of a bad penalty call first time round:

Two convictions, this one being hit-and-run, in Netheravon. This would also have barred him from PCC.
  • This is costing Wiltshire 1.5m to re-run.
  • He continues to be a county councillor.
  • Wiltshire Tories are taking the piss.

chimera

LE
For those of you who felt he was victim of a bad penalty call first time round:

Two convictions, this one being hit-and-run, in Netheravon. This would also have barred him from PCC.
  • This is costing Wiltshire 1.5m to re-run.
  • He continues to be a county councillor.
  • Wiltshire Tories are taking the piss.
Same incident?

SAKR_AL_AMN

Old-Salt
Same incident?
Whilst these may be two separate offences I believe they did originate from the same incident; i.e. he belted somebody's motor as he careered down a road in Netheravon under the influence. Sentencing guidelines may say they were imprisonable offences, but given the reported circumstances of both offences he was never in the higher culpability and harm bracket, so the local Wiltshire Tories may thought he was good to go - they were clearly wrong. Good news though another ex-Army officer has been found to be wheeled out and the party faithful will likely vote him in. I live next door in Dorset and our PCC (a civvy) seems an OK cove. The new Tory PCC candidate (Wilkinson) is another ex-Gunner (no surprises there) less 'horsey' though and a lot thinner.

Have you ever been to Bettws?

The denizens would have been either smacked off their tits or out on the rob.

I used to be there frequently, but only to kick their doors off the hinges and drag them out.;)

But a broken clock is still right twice a day.

chimera

LE
As an earlier poster has pointed out, it seems that the PCC for Wiltshire has to be a retired Gunner. At least this one made it past major:

His unique background which I see means a total lack of British policing experience.

Still, got a blue rosette on his lapel, and that is what counts. In other areas, a different colour would matter. I still think Bettws had it right.

As an earlier poster has pointed out, it seems that the PCC for Wiltshire has to be a retired Gunner. At least this one made it past major:

Mr Wilkinson served in the British Army for 31 years with the Royal Artillery, the Commando and Parachute Brigades and Special Forces before leaving to become a senior research fellow at King’s College London in 2000.

Over the last 20 years, he has worked with governments in Rwanda, Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. Work he says has made him an expert in policing and security and advised the President of Somalia on creating an internal security programme.

I can see why he would claim to be successful right there

Archie

Last edited:
Mr Wilkinson served in the British Army for 31 years with the Royal Artillery, the Commando and Parachute Brigades and Special Forces before leaving to become a senior research fellow at King’s College London in 2000.

Over the last 20 years, he has worked with governments in Rwanda, Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. Work he says has made him an expert in policing and security and advised the President of Somalia on creating an internal security programme.

Archie

Because he had a blue rosette.

He could have been a strategically shaved chimp in the right constituency.

Works for other colours in other areas.

Voting paper arrived, spoiled, returned.

What matters this time is voter apathy- a message from the electorate that they don’t value this role and that the new incumbent (regardless of political affiliation) has no real mandate.

And proper policing please, Wilts fuzz have become very cuddly.

Voting paper arrived, spoiled, returned.

What matters this time is voter apathy- a message from the electorate that they don’t value this role and that the new incumbent (regardless of political affiliation) has no real mandate.

And proper policing please, Wilts fuzz have become very cuddly.

If Wilts fuzz have become cuddly - it can only be through poor Leadership.
( As with any Bn. , Bde. Constabulary, Civvie business etc etc )

When weak candidates are allowed to be proposed for some position of power - and succeed - our idea of British Democracy is failing

Archie
Well, he’s the epitome of modesty:

4EF2F341-FAA9-49FB-AC9D-F3B6F0FF4AB5.jpeg

I sense another Twunt.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Which might not in itself be a bad thing. The PCC Elections might actually be worth having if politicians and ex-coppers were ruled out.
His flyer arrived the other day and went straight in the bin.

endure

GCM

What's he going to do with his unique background? Bombard the chavs with his 9 pounder?