Poles want cut on foreign workers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Archangel, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Poles want cut on foreign workers

Me? I'm not going to say a word... however, I have posted this in the NAAFI bar in case anyone wants to remark on this news story! :roll:

2. Tough Norks - it was ok for them to be economic migrants. All the Chinese/Ukranians/Others have done is take the jobs the Poles who came to Britain/Ireland left behind.

3. Can't find a smiley for pissing myself laughing.
    There isn't really an awful lot to say to that is there?

4. So what? Britons exercise their right to free speech by voicing the outrage about foreign workers on a consistent basis. Why shouldnt the Poles in their own country?

5. Oh, I have no objections to them doing so. I probably even have a great deal of sympathy for their point.
    I do appreciate the irony of it all though :D

6. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't make it up could you.They came here and worked for below the minimum wage.Know they can't afford to live here (Thats why we have a minimum wage) they are heading home to find there are people under cutting them!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Why does this make me-smirk, still I suppouse it was bound to happen if one follows history..........

8. my heart bleeds for them. What did they think was going to happen? Honestly, ironic isn't the word.

There was a pub round my way which had been taken over by Poles, but I've recently noticed it has shutdown as most of them have done one, due to the recession.

9. Ha ha ha, oh the irony. Love it!

10. Funny how it never bothered them before. There have been foreign workers in Poland working for peanuts for years.

11. Ha Ha Ha Just proves what goes around comes around. Now they know what it feels like!!!

12. Yes other people doing the work that many Brits thought was "beneath" them. Sounds like some Poles are getting as Lazy as we are.

Free market rules apply to all. Poles were better value here so were employed on that basis, that time has passed. Prehaps some of you are too young to remember when loads of Brits went over to Spain and Germany in the eighties to work on the sites there - do you think the same of them as the Poles that came over to do the same here?

Despite this well reseached "article" from The Metro - (what integrity that paper has), most Poles accept that that is how a free market works and really appreciate the opportunites afforded to them in Great Britain.

13. I've no doubt a few folk thought that about the UK when the Poles arrived.

<Steps aside to avoid being trampled it rush to proclaim "Oh, but that's different...">

14. Ha Ha Ha clasic words fail me.

15. No-one minded when these Poles came over

[​IMG]

and the ones who never went home, all 2165 of them, and that's just the airmen.

[​IMG]