Discussion in 'Cookery' started by 105AVRE, Jul 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The ground stuff not the big blocks!! Was wondering who had any tips on the best ways to cook it as i'm looking at trying it for a pizza base. I've tried a few doughs but they don't seem to come out like some from the take-aways :?
  2. Use a normal white bread recipe, add couple tablespoons of olive oil and handful of loose polenta. Voila - authentic pizza base.
  3. Try adding polenta flour to the recipe, if you can find it. Gives the same effect.
  4. boil it like rice and then spread it thinly over a baking tray. I use it all the time for my pizza bases. Throw some parsley in too or chives to give it some life.
  5. Adding some baked sweet potato and cocconut milk is pretty tasty, then chop up a lump of corriander and julliene of spring onions to give a wee bit of colour.
  6. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

All of the above, but may I recommend the use of basil, thyme and rosemary as well. I find it has more of a mediterrian feel. But that is my preference.

The real key behind polenta has always been seasoning. Plenty and then some again.
  7. Many thanks all...can't wait to experiment! :wink: