Polar Bear killed due to stupid cunts.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Zero_Over, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 7
  1. Polar Bear killed due to stupid upperclass twit cunts more like

They were on a journey of "self discovery". Please!

The polar bears don't come to central London. Fat kids shouldn't go to the Arctic Circle.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Disagree. Can't think of a better use for them than feeding threatened wildlife of various kinds. Tigers would be a better choice but thats cos tigers are my favourite critter on the planet.
  3. Cos they bounth, they bounth, they bounth
    • Like Like x 8
  4. I did feel quite sorry for the lad when the news broke.

Then they released his details - Horatio Chapple of Eton College.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Nope. Cos they have grace, style and poise and can go from nought to psycho in a heart-beat and disembowl a buffalo as soon as look at it :D
  6. They obviously didn't take the proper precautions. The aerial photo of their camp doesn't show any sort of trip wire alarms or other attempts to protect themselves.

Very irresponsible on the team leader's part.

Poor old bear.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That's not a tiger mate, that's Dale.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. I say old chap, Queensberry Rules surely, what what? It's a polar bear for fucks sake, you don't ask it to pop behind the MT sheds for a "chat", you play dead until one of the people already there with a gun shoots it.
  9. You would have thought at least one person on the expedition would have been armed. I thought that was a standard thing on arctic journeys of that nature!

Stupid cunts.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Still, It`ll make a nice cozy fire side rug for someone.
  11. The bear or the fat kid?
    • Like Like x 4
  12. They were as they have to be when leaving the main areas, tourists can easily rent shotguns for that very reason. Hang on, I've got an idea for a reality show...
  13. Playing dead doesn't work with polar bears: they eat carrion and would be more than happy if their food stopped fighting back.

If you cannot be bothered mounting an effective 24hr watch (armed) and set flares and have some thunderflashes to hand in that part of the world then you will end up inside a bear (or several).

On one of the blogs from the trip they were 'oooing' and 'aaaahing' over sighting a polar bear a mile from their position the day before... will be interesting to see the reports on what countermeasures they deployed, or if they were relying on some hippy karma shit to keep the cuddly bear at bay.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Didn't know that, ARRSE is still a source of edumacation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.