Poland 'invades' Czech Republic in 'misunderstanding'

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC News item.
Poland 'invades' Czech Republic by accident

The Polish defence spokesman a Mr A Hilter denied that this was intentional and said that their troops were just practising.

He said in an interview "the troops to a wrong turn at Belgium".

Last edited:

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sorry, was that Poland, or Germany?.

Who's up for some storming in the Sudetenland?. Deutschland Polen uber alles!.

37ucv67i

War Hero
Linked on the BBC page: Free self-defence for all Polish women

poles.png

I mean... who hasn't 'accidently' invaded another country [especially after closing time]

Numerous squaddies invaded East Germany and, IIRC, a LandRover full of RMP

I mean... who hasn't 'accidently' invaded another country [especially after closing time]

Numerous squaddies invaded East Germany and, IIRC, a LandRover full of RMP

On route to Kaliningrad by coach with a load of German tourists I realised as we approached the German-Polish border that we were travelling on a section of Hitlers old autobahhn which appeared to have changed little.
The Germans were subdued but I had the urge to break into a rendition of "deutschland deutschland über alles".
It's probably a Brit thing, several hundred years of invading other peoples countries has to leave a mark.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I've done some extensive research and can only conclude that the Czechs are gay. Her mates may be making up the numbers to some degree but the one in the middle looks like an utter minx:

1592145366325.png

I invaded Serbia on a motorcycle in 1999!
came in from Kosovo, didn’t realise how small Kosovo was! Only been there a few days, me and a mate took a couple of Harley’s for a road test and zoomed into Serbia, only released when it got eerily quiet and decided that maybe it was time to call an end to this particular road test. On re-entry into Kosovo we stopped to ask a Guardsman stood at the back of a 432, what he was actually “guarding”?
“The border” he replied! And you didn’t think to stop us on the way out I asked, “No Sarge, I thought you knew where you were going!”
Fair point I mumbled!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
any "canned goods" involved?

I've done some extensive research and can only conclude that the Czechs are gay. Her mates may be making up the numbers to some degree but the one in the middle looks like an utter minx:

View attachment 482232
The one on the left loves being "invaded" in the back door.

The one on the right has a locked suitcase under her bed containing her "interrogation" kit, including handcuffs, whips, leather garments, and a variety of rubber, plastic, and metal items in various shapes and sizes.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The one on the left loves being "invaded" in the back door.

The one on the right has a locked suitcase under her bed containing her "interrogation" kit, including handcuffs, whips, leather garments, and a variety of rubber, plastic, and metal items in various shapes and sizes.

I knew I liked the right hand one for a reason!

Mike Jackson relates in his autobiography that when he was a staff officer in Berlin between 1976-79, a British battalion left in a road convoy to go to West Germany for training that couldn't be carried out in Berlin. When they left the British zone of Berlin and were in the DDR they reached the ring road around Berlin. The Rupert leading the convoy saw a sign for Frankfurt and thought "Ah thats near our destination, we will follow this route".

Unfortunatly the sign was for 'Frankfurt am Oder' on the DDR/Polish border, not' Frankfurt am Rhein' in Southern Germany. And so there was a convoy of British troops heading east about to invade Poland with frantic signals going from the Soviets to the British Liason Officers and panic in HQBF Berlin trying to stop the convoy, and wondering 'what idiot can't read a map.

I suppose some of the Poles may have been impressed but wondered why the British were 40 years too late.

Latest Threads