Poland 1939 Was Hitler Right

But while the dobbins were coming into their own, the Russians were developing a strategy based on mechanised mobility. Winter, spring, summer and fall.

As for eating them, that strikes me as a tacit admission of defeat before you've even started.
As soon as the USSR knew it had northern supply routes secured, and southern oil routes, it knew it would win. By absorbing greater casualties.
It then called the shots. When the war was done, we could claim the moral victory, the US the economic victory, the USSR the bloody victory, and the French to hoover up the rest.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Pyotr Bagration was the general the 1944 op was named after.
Bagration ?
Hat explains why everyone's starving after grazing a horrorbag.

As soon as the USSR knew it had northern supply routes secured, and southern oil routes, it knew it would win. By absorbing greater casualties.
It then called the shots. When the war was done, we could claim the moral victory, the US the economic victory, the USSR the bloody victory, and the French to hoover up the rest.
And Poland had to wait until 1989 for the war to end..

I know. I always get pulled into these threads.
For my grandfather, and many others, they made their way elsewhere. In many cases, successfully.
My granddad has a gravestone in a very quiet part of Staffordshire, where he grew a family many years after the war and ended his life.
A bear of a man who I lived with for a while. Who rarely spoke about his WW2 experiences.
His family farm was on the Ukraine border. As a youth, he was sent into the army as a cavalry cadet. Within months, the Nazis invaded, and the unit was overwhelmed. Grandad was advised to make his way home and carry on.
Then he was imprisoned by the USSR for three years. “Allowed” to escape to the Brits in Tehran.
Met my gran later, and the rest is history.
Not sure it ever ended for my grandad. He went back to Poland, or the bits he could see. He met distant cousins. Not many.
The rest were murdered by both sides, but mainly by the Russians as “enemies of the state” ie middle-class farmers.
Too late for my grandad. He did his very best to make a good life In a world he tried to understand.

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
But while the dobbins were coming into their own, the Russians were developing a strategy based on mechanised mobility. Winter, spring, summer and fall.

As for eating them, that strikes me as a tacit admission of defeat before you've even started.
The mobility was aided by vast numbers of B vehicles from the Western Allies

Well, that, is why I have a gripe for us having to gone to war for the invasion of Poland. It wasn't, it was a symbolic swipe at Germany for the Versailles treaty rejection and perhaps we could treat the inactions of 1936 for what they were as failures. That's why I have long believed, that the war planning was to start as early as 1935 when the idiot rejected Versailles- as well as the machinations of the idiots who imposed it.

Latest Threads