Poland 1939 Was Hitler Right

Chamberlain gets a bad press, but he bought the RAF a year to stand up the worlds first integrated air defence network.
1938, it would have been standing patrols and the Observer Corp, not fighter controllers with the all seeing eye of Chain Home.
Chamberlains policy in that sense is not in question, but if you are going to appease, you absolutely must have a bottom line. In this case it had to be trade British policy was sending all the wrong signals. These imho were absolutely critical to thenPolish debacle.

Chamberlains policy in that sense is not in question, but if you are going to appease, you absolutely must have a bottom line. In this case it had to be trade British policy was sending all the wrong signals. These imho were absolutely critical to thenPolish debacle.
buy time, lie, scmooze, cheat, kiss booty, but buy time.

by September 19339, Britain’s war production and mobilisation was on the front foot and we were not going to be defeated.

buy time, lie, scmooze, cheat, kiss booty, but buy time.
Exactly. And in counterpoint Germany didn't go onto counter full war production until 1942. That's three years of juddering along it's also almost rhythmic with the Political situation. 36-39 appeasement, 39-42 evenly matched-42-45 full on Germany gets started but loses but we're three years ahead of them. The turning point in actuality is 41 and to all intents America is almost fully worked up and not even in the war when they come in. Now that is Hitler's greatest failure trying to fight a war on a shoe string, That's why Barbarossa is a complete and utter failure-that's also the greatest Paradox, Grofass hadn't even prepared for war.

Exactly. And in counterpoint Germany didn't go onto counter full war production until 1942. That's three years of juddering along it's also almost rhythmic with the Political situation. 36-39 appeasement, 39-42 evenly matched-42-45 full on Germany gets started but loses but we're three years ahead of them. The turning point in actuality is 41 and to all intents America is almost fully worked up and not even in the war when they come in. Now that is Hitler's greatest failure trying to fight a war on a shoe string, That's why Barbarossa is a complete and utter failure-that's also the greatest Paradox, Grofass hadn't even prepared for war.
indeed. While Grosfaz talked endlessly about total war, he was refighting WWI.

see Dunkirk.....all Ze Tommy equipment left behind and captured! We are winning - all replaced in a matter of months
see Barbarossa .....all Ze Untermench equipment left behind and captured! We are winning - all replaced in a matter of months

A war of production, where Canada built more trucks than Germany

indeed. While Grosfaz talked endlessly about total war, he was refighting WWI.
Well, we all fight the last war don't we, because it's the only one we know. I mean the leap in tech between the wars was absolutely staggering in the conventional sense-we the world had seen nothing like it-so you can't blame one conventional person for getting it wrong. And one has also to determine the difference between political Bluster and actual capability. I mean should we have to go to war with Russia I can see a very quick surrender by the Russians :rolleyes: cos we won't go in with a mahoosive Front- we'll just HALO in some operatives, capture the Russian Government and the TV stations and that'll be that. And we won't need their oil cos we'll have levitational machines that are eco friendly guaranteed by Thunberg.

Well, we all fight the last war don't we, because it's the only one we know. I mean the leap in tech between the wars was absolutely staggering in the conventional sense-we the world had seen nothing like it-so you can't blame one conventional person for getting it wrong. And one has also to determine the difference between political Bluster and actual capability. I mean should we have to go to war with Russia I can see a very quick surrender by the Russians :rolleyes: cos we won't go in with a mahoosive Front- we'll just HALO in some operatives, capture the Russian Government and the TV stations and that'll be that. And we won't need their oil cos we'll have levitational machines that are eco friendly guaranteed by Thunberg.
no, the Heer really were refighting WWI on every level - tactics, doctrine, equipment.
They were a pre mechanised army. Even the Warrington on Sea Home Guard was more mechanised than the Heer.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
no, the Heer really were refighting WWI on every level - tactics, doctrine, equipment.
They were a pre mechanised army. Even the Warrington on Sea Home Guard was more mechanised than the Heer.
I'm about 20 miles from the sea actually.

Maybe even Walmington?

Latest Threads