Pointless Gutter Journalism - Dailyy Star on Sunday - Little Mix Dad Jailed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Dec 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

This is the front page banner headline in the Daily Star on Sunday for 4 December 2011. It caught my eye in my local newsagents. I looked at the article because it didn't make any sense and because there was a picture of a slutty tart.

So this article is about some the family of a minor s'leb being jailed for killing some one. How is that front page headlines of a 'national' newspaper? There's more:

This happened in 1985 and the conviction was overturned, I say again, how is that front page headlines of a 'national' newspaper? Believe it or not there's more:

Not content with that the Star tries to drag in the mother and stir up shit with the family of the late Mr Reidy. Has the Star not heard about the Levinson Inquiry?
  2. Its the Daily Star, its target audience are thicker than the Sun readers.
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

We agree on something.
  4. Thicker than pigshit then. I thought the Daily Star was just for photos of tits, not actual news?
  5. Gutter journalism of the worst sort. It's legal, but highly distasteful.
  6. Whatever lead you to think that the star was a newspaper?
    It is a comic read by people with a childlike minds.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. In the words of Bruce FOXTON:

Each morning our key to the world comes through the door
    More than often its just a comic, not much more
    Don't take it too serious - not many do
    Read between the lines and you'll find the truth

Read all about it, read all about it - news of the world (delete NOTW insert The Sun, Star etc)
  8. They used to call me the 'Disco Killer'...by **** could I dance some.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Her father's exploits come as no surprise however -the surprise is that she actually has an identifiable father. In addition, looking at the council-estate-origin names of these girls (Jade Thirlwall, Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards and Leigh-Anne), I wouldn't be surprised if there were further revelations of this type.
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I have no idea who this is. Is it an X Factor thing?
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Journalism - Daily Star.
    Words I never thought I'd see together.

Who is she - they?
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Clearly Mr Desmond has been paying close attention to the Leveson enquiry and will no doubt be able to define "public interest" (as opposed to "what the public are interested in") when asked by Counsel for the Inquiry.

The man is clearly a tosser of the first water, and so is the editor of the Star.
  13. The Daily Star makes the Sport look intellectual
  14. So is she a chubber, a munter, a munterish chubber or what?
  15. Who the fcuk is this person? As above, is it x factor?

I prefer Little Boots at any rate.