Pointless food....

P

PrinceAlbert

I was doen in Devon for the weekend, and had a great time. Very cheap booze and food when compared to London. Surprisingly not as many webbed fingers either!

One night tI went to a local resaurant and had a sea-food platter. All great food, and tonnes of it. Except for the Langoustines. What's the point of them? All that effort peeling etc to find a tiny bit of meat in the tail, which tastes no different to prawns (well to my untrained tastebuds anyhow)

At leat with a prawn you get more meat, and it's a bit easier to get to.

My verdict on Langoustines: Pointless, overrated waste of time.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pot Noodle, especialy the beef and tomato! What on earth is going on there.

B_AND_T said:
Try adding water.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
B_AND_T said:
the beef and tomato does ming. however, spicy curry and chicken and mushroom are the food of the gods.

if you want really pointless food, squid - like eating rubber bands. except the rubber bands do have more taste.

Any of the meal menu's in any of the fast foot restaurants (except kentucky). Pointless from the point of view that your only going to buy an ECB (emergency cheese burger) to go with it. Just include it in the meal and it will no longer be pointless because it'll fill you up.

walt_of_the_walts said:
Celery. Is it true that it uses more calories when being digested than the digestion yields?
If it is true then get munching. There's a slim chance you may get your waistline down to 46".

boiled white cabbage....YAK! Tasteless, no texture, and looks gross too! The only time its worth eating is finely shredded, steamed lightly and used instead of rice under a nice chicken curry! Increases the late night fart capacity by a factor of roughly 12 million! Everyones a winner!

Any of those dairy products that 'aid digestive transit' because they've got 'friendly bacteria whose names we have made up'.

Try eating a range of cheap fruit. That makes you go once a day. Why waste milk that could be made into perfectly good cheese?

terroratthepicnic said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
Celery. Is it true that it uses more calories when being digested than the digestion yields?
Yes, it's a negitive food. But that soon changes when dipped in garlic mayo.
Its also rather yummy if you fill the 'groove' with crunchy peanut butter and stud said PB with sultanas, making the, i believe, Aussie snack 'frogs on a log'!!!

A dish of sawdust soaked in Avtur with some wood chippings and a few cat turds thrown on top for decoration.

Or Taboulet as they call it in the supermarkets.

PrinceAlbert said:
One night tI went to a local resaurant and had a sea-food platter. All great food, and tonnes of it. Except for the Langoustines. What's the point of them? All that effort peeling etc to find a tiny bit of meat in the tail, which tastes no different to prawns (well to my untrained tastebuds anyhow)

At leat with a prawn you get more meat, and it's a bit easier to get to.

My verdict on Langoustines: Pointless, overrated waste of time.
Were they still alive when you tried to eat them?

Pointles food? Scotch Gonad Pies, fortune cookies or - one for the septics - Twinkies.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fanny Batter!

Funny taste, too much effort to get it out of it's container and when you do not enough of it to justify all the work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
marco_poloroid Cookery 44
jonwilly Current Affairs, News and Analysis 19
O The Intelligence Cell 46