Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pointless and inane comment thread

Dug a stage 3 (Again), was rejected for being "Over-Qualified".

Why would they need a military historian to show them how to dig a trench? Don't they have Guards SNCOs for that?

I thought you were applying to be a military historian there because even someone as shite at the job as Nusbacher got in?

I suspect a lot here are more qualified than Nusbacher.

NB. I was in the Military and I remember stuff = Military Historian.

Hence my "Soviet Recognition" lessons in the 80's,, if it's coming from the East and it's driving a Trabant... obviously not fast (Slide 4)... "Stand To".

Last edited:
I suspect a lot here are more qualified than Nusbacher.

NB. I was in the Military and I remember stuff = Military Historian.

Hence my "Soviet Recognition" lessons in the 80's,, if it's coming from the East and it's driving a Trabant... obviously not fast (Slide 4)... "Stand To".
Ho, yus. To the Arms Store! Draw Self Loading Pickhelves! Defend the Sqn Bar!!! To the last man.

Watching Sunday Brunch on Ch4, Dave Gorman has declared he is no longer vegetarian. I know of another person who has been a pescatarian and has recently returned to eating meat... is this the start of a return to sensible thinking?

Argentina, BA, Steak-house. (Restaurant not a house made of meat.). Worked out at about 13 pounds each...

I am so full! Can’t remember the last time I ate so much. 15 different cuts of very high quality beef. I’m proud to say I tried all of them. And 4 types of pork.

Just starting a second bottle of wine. The evening may end messily...

Ho, yus. To the Arms Store! Draw Self Loading Pickhelves! Defend the Sqn Bar!!! To the last man.
Arms store.... like the armoury, as 99.9999% of British soldiers would have referred to it instead? If you want pickhelves at short notice, CQMS/SQMS stores along with a pad of 1033's (small), some sheets of carbon paper and a some pens, Black and/or blue. If the C/SQMS runs a "Day Book", bring that as well.

Last edited:
Arms store.... like the armoury, as 99.9999% of British soldiers would have referred to it instead? If you want pickhelves at short notice, CQMS/SQMS stores along with a pad of 1033's (small), some sheets of carbon paper and a some pens, Black and/or blue. If the C/SQMS runs a "Day Book", bring that as well.
Armoury? Just another room in the accommodation block in Hohne. May have had a reinforced door. Oh, and bars on the window. Had a skive in there for about a month with a plastered leg.

Armoury? Just another room in the accommodation block in Hohne. May have had a reinforced door. Oh, and bars on the window. Had a skive in there for about a month with a plastered leg.
We had room at Osnabruck (Scarborough) 3 corporals sharing, room had a in-built concreted safe and barred windows.... on the 3rd floor! And Hohne them were old proper German barracks, did my AAAD course there.

Last edited: