Pointless and inane comment thread

I always thought that @jarrod248 and Sluggy would have been brilliant on Couples Come Dine With Me or even better on Four in a Bed...

Kirkz

LE
Got a letter today from the Orkney Archeological Society in response to me joining.
Not sure who ever sent it should be trusted with valuable artifacts.

Now I can live with them spelling my first name wrongly but...
Who the fuck spells it Ruth!!

20200116_162849-567x1008.jpg

Last edited:
What is it with Ebay and shoes? I look up Intel i7 processors, no problem, I look up shoes and am relentlessly pestered by pop-ups reminding me that I had looked up shoes..... this is NOT the first time.

Kirkz

LE
What is it with Ebay and shoes? I look up Intel i7 processors, no problem, I look up shoes and am relentlessly pestered by pop-ups reminding me that I had looked up shoes..... this is NOT the first time.
It's Ebay putting the boot in.

Did anything happen last night?

Only someone was letting fireworks off about 11pm.

Did anything happen last night?

Only someone was letting fireworks off about 11pm.
Local facebookers already complaining about upset animals. German short-haired pointers and French poodles terrified.
English spaniels and bulldogs not that bothered, apparently.

took my two English Springer Spaniels to a fireworks festival once... was accused of been cruel to the dogs by some mad woman..... I knew both my dogs were not "Gun shy", she would not let me get a word in edge-wise and educate her, a woman skill men have yet too master.

Last edited:
took my two English Springer Spaniels to a fireworks festival once... was accused of been cruel to the dogs by some mad woman..... I knew both my dogs were not "Gun shy".
I've got two Springers and the male dog literally pisses himself when he hears fireworks or bird scarers. He comes from a proven gun dog breeder lineage too.

The female Springer would be quite happy to blatt away on a GPMG, without wearing ear defence, because she's thick as fuck.

I've got two Springers and the male dog literally pisses himself when he hears fireworks or bird scarers. He comes from a proven gun dog breeder lineage too.

The female Springer would be quite happy to blatt away on a GPMG, without wearing ear defence, because she's thick as ****.
Springers, thick as fcuk, but a heart 120%!! would not own another breed, so long as they get to do springer stuff, brilliant dogs.

Ssgt with his Kennel club pedigree Golden lab (Posted shortly to BAOR shortly, not gun shy is part of their kennel club breeding regulations) taken on the ranges to just check she was not "Gun shy", first rounds fired and the dog got loose and went crazy..... announced over the range PA "Do NOT shoot the dog". And it happened again after the Lunch break 6 hours later.

Deerpark ranges, Catterick....on the moors, 8AM start..."DO NOT SHOOT THE SHEEP... OR THE SHEPARD ON HIS QUAD BIKE THAT NEEDS TO BUY A WATCH OR IS COLOUR BLIND AND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT ALL THE RED FLAGS MEAN". A very sarcastic Range Officer.

Last edited:
We go away to avoid the fireworks at Halloween, Bonfire night (week) and diwali. One place we stayed at was next to a Forestry Commission shooting reserve, the dog that was most terrified of fireworks took no notice after the first few shots.
Weird bugger!

We go away to avoid the fireworks at Halloween, Bonfire night (week) and diwali. One place we stayed at was next to a Forestry Commission shooting reserve, the dog that was most terrified of fireworks took no notice after the first few shots.
Weird bugger!
Educational, were other dogs that were calm at the time involved?

My mate was practising for a marathon, he said Springers die at about the 15 mile point, limp in about 20 minutes later and just collapse, totally horizontal.

Mine, 8 hour coastal walk, mostly off lead, 4 year old bitch, knackered the next day, 2 year old dog, "lets do it again".

Never have I seen the "F,k off and leave me alone on my beanbag bed for the rest of the day" look in a knackered springer bitch.

Last edited:
Educational, were other dogs that were calm at the time involved?

My mate was practising for a marathon, he said Springers die at about the 15 mile point, limp in about 20 minutes later and just collapse, totally horizontal.

Mine, 8 hour coastal walk, mostly off lead, 4 year old bitch, knackered the next day, 2 year old dog, "lets do it again".

Never have I seen the "F,k off and leave me alone on my beanbag bed for the rest of the day" look in a knackered springer bitch.
Both my greyhounds of the time hated fireworks, the other one didn't seem to consider that the sound could be related to fireworks. To be fair there was a bit of woodland in the way, so the sound was slightly muffled.

got here, read the previous posts..... and have forgotten what it was I was going to say, must have pointless and/or inane.

Senility..... "Whats 2+2..... 4..... hold on a moment, I remember doing this last week".

PS. I already own a lovely pair of black, bulled, brogues............. stop sending me shoe related pop-ups E-Bay.. if you queried my motherboard and recommended a cost efficient upgrade to my current 64 bit i5 processor..... more than happy to have a suitably related pop-up.

Last edited:

spins

Old-Salt
Seen just that look on BM's spaniel after Langemannshof March, 65K round Hohne Soltau range road, in the early 80's. She sprinted up and down, up and down, up and down the squad, all the way round. We did 65K, she did about 300. Had to be lifted in to the Bedford at the end. Well fecked!!

spins

Computer system has crashed at work, A&E closed and all clinics cancelled because of it :eek: the wonders of the electronic age!! Pixels good, paper bad :rolleyes: :scratch::crash:

Still getting persecuted by E-bay shoe adverts...
Computer system has crashed at work, A&E closed and all clinics cancelled because of it :eek: the wonders of the electronic age!! Pixels good, paper bad :rolleyes: :scratch::crash:
Amazing, shame they don't use the same system the army does.... or parallel it off for system robustness.... and cheap Sig bods on shift managing the system 24/7.

Latest Threads