Pointless and inane comment thread

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Odd question, prompted by a visit to the doc yesterday. He listened to my chest (shut up you lot), which was apparently fine, but when he asked me to take deep breath in etc. it reminded me of something.

"Chest expansion" used to be a "thing", but have not heard this term in decades - is it still a useful measurement of lung capacity etc.? Has it been found to be largely bollox? Was it something important to opera singers?

Odd question, prompted by a visit to the doc yesterday. He listened to my chest (shut up you lot), which was apparently fine, but when he asked me to take deep breath in etc. it reminded me of something.

"Chest expansion" used to be a "thing", but have not heard this term in decades - is it still a useful measurement of lung capacity etc.? Has it been found to be largely bollox? Was it something important to opera singers?
Are you only thixteen?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

He might have been the cleaner, so was just a dirty old fucker

I think ‘chest expansion’ these days has largely been replaced by these:

But I’m sure you’re just fine ‘au naturel!’

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I just notice i got dandruff on my balls , will head and shoulders clear it ??

In some countries the Army comes first.... Switzerland... Andorra.....Austria....... Germany.

Watching the tv last night and lo and behold in walks a fox, through the patio doors, the dining room and the lounge, where we spotted him, between us and the tv.
"Hello, nice to see you, now fuck off!"
He looked at me, calm as hell, turned around and went back out.

Today, the blackbird we feed mealworms to came into my shed to tell me she needed feeding and then later, into the lounge for another reminder.

Who needs pets?

New phone number allocated at about 08:00 this morning, at 11:30 get a call from "BT" about malware and they want me to install remote app "Teamviewer 14"........ How the fcuk did these Indian scammers know that my number had just been activated?
Big clue they weren't from BT was their made up NATO phonetic alphabet, I mean.................................M for Mango!

Watching the tv last night and lo and behold in walks a fox, through the patio doors, the dining room and the lounge, where we spotted him, between us and the tv.
"Hello, nice to see you, now **** off!"
He looked at me, calm as hell, turned around and went back out.

Today, the blackbird we feed mealworms to came into my shed to tell me she needed feeding and then later, into the lounge for another reminder.

Who needs pets?
Update on the above:
We were watching the box last night with all the windows and patio door open 'cos of the heat, when there was a soft 'Bonk' from upstairs.
We looked at each other and I speculated, "Upstairs blinds hitting the frame?"
Just as she said it was a different type of 'Bonk', it happened again. I set off upstairs, turning on the upstairs light.
I was a tad surprised to see a fox standing in our bedroom.
Not half as surprised as the fox, who looked like a teenager caught having a wank by his mum*. He froze with eyes wide and ears plastered back. The same fox as before, recognisable by its dark colouring.
Not wanting to scare him, for obvious reasons, I tried to get behind him so he could go out. He ran and hid behind the bed and flew across the bed and down the stairs when I 'found' him.
Downstairs he ran into my wife on the way up and stopped, undecided which way to go. Luckily, my wife backed off and he shot back out of the patio door.
We found that he'd dug out a couple of my wife's slippers from under a unit and reckon as well as liking cheese, the 'Bonk' was him pouncing on them like prey.
Silly little sod. Luckily there were no presents of the liquid or solid sort and the duvet didn't smell foxy where he'd careered across it.
The hall door will remain shut tonight.

*Never happened, never, I say.

Latest Threads