Point system

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by chenks, Aug 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iv'e seen this loads and curious to what it means Grade a,b,c etc does this depend on fitness scores etc? and say to geta grade A what would you need to do?

many thanks
    chenks

2. Be shit hot in everything.

3. Pretty sure this has been asked already, try the search. Failing there go into the ADSC Chat and Queries thread in teh sticky section.

Smudge

4. Its just a general summary of your performance based on your time at ADSC. Aim for a B at the very least any lower and they will be a little dissappointed

5. Au contraire dear Sir; "they" will not be disappointed but the wannabe recruit will be!

:D

Litotes

6. What would happen if you get lower than a grade B...? Does it have an effect on the time it takes to get to basic training etc etc?

7. Yes it does.

A + B grades get loaded to the next available intakes, C grades are then used to fill spaces on intakes where they do not have enough A + B grades already loaded, but generally they will not be offered an intake until they really do need to fill a vacancy, D grades could be waiting 9 months at least.

8. Fivetodo, do they look at your score (as in numerical) or your grade? Reason being I was one point off of the next grade up.

Chenks - on the chart the interviewing officer showed me at selection, only 5% get A's.

9. Is the grade adjusted depending on what job you are going for? For example, someone joining a technical trade might need a slower run time than someone joining the infantry, so would that bump their grade down for not doing it as fast as the one joining infantry?

10. A grade B is over 115 points
    :)

11. In the final interview at ADSC I was told my run time needed to be slightly faster for an A grade. I got 10.05 on the 1.5 mile > mainly down to slower runners slowing me up at the start. I'm going the signals route.

12. The grading is not the fastest, fittest or cleverest, it's all about stickability in training, I am not going into details, but yes it helps if your fitter and more academic but it is not the be all and end all of it. Go to selection do your best and sell yourself correctly, attitude, body language enthusiasm, and bearing. The Army is only doing what Civi street has been doing forever, choosing the best applicant for the job.

13. My understanding is that a B grade requires a score of at least 112. You need 140 for an A. I was painfully close to this, but alas not quite close enough. I was still very pleased with my score, though.

At the end of the day go and give it your best effort. If you work hard enough beforehand and while you're there, you'll be fine.

Good luck.