Poignant song.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BlotBangRub, Jul 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope the mods do not mind, but I am lifting most of ths from the Multinational HQ subforum, as I thought it deserved the wider viewing it would get here.

Take a few minutes out of your busy lives and listen to this poignant song by Australian singer Beccy Cole.

' Cause I listened to the wisdom
    of the Aussie Brigadier
    who spoke of widows and of orphans
    and the need to dry their tears'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ6aqgvdFI

I think it sums up our feelings of late very well, with the issue of the lack of support for our troops, topped off with the NIMBY debacle.

The background to this is as follows:

Thanks to IrishGuard and OldSnowy for the quotes and further information.

2. Yep- good link. nice song.

3. She'll do for me - how can I save that to my computer.

4. Well done to her for standing up for something she believes in.

Ironic though, a musical nation like ours with every other day another serviceman/woman dying and correct me if i'm wrong, but i havn't heard anyone sing any songs to show support for our Services.

Prior to any replies i'll just point out that this is no way a whinge, just an observation.

I'm sure all the troops will do just fine without Sir Cliff jumping on the bandwagon.

5. Good lass :)

6. Second thought - we get less n less support and she went out of her way it seems....

Does she have a fan email address? I would like to actually write and say 'thank you' with no rude words (usually sending hate notes lol)

7. Beccy Cole

Click on the Mail tab, you need a Myspace account though

8. Out of interest any serving Arrsers know who has done CSE shows in Iraq from our country?

Credit where its due and all that.

I am a soldier of the 80s and 90s and I saw a couple, but I grew up in NI and have not forgotten that people came over specifically to entertain our troops there when the place was a virtual war zone and certain sports teams were shamefully refusing to come to Ireland, North or South.

9. Good girl, what a top artist.

Not many people can say they were given their own personnel fcuk off pill from a national star. Like the person who wrote to her about takeing the poster off the wall :p

By the way, if you feel like supporting SSAFA see below

You know you want to :D

10. Absolute magic wish we had some support like that for the troops