Poets Called For

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Bowmore_Assassin, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I spotted this in the Apr 08 SOLDIER magazine and thought it worth putting in this forum.

"SOLDIERS are being urged to follow in the footsteps of Wilfred Owen and publish their verse for charity. Poet in the City is hoping to put together an anthology of poetry written by Army personnel and is appealing for troops to contribute their own work to the project. To enter, send an email enclosing full contact details and a sample of poetry to either DGMC-DEF PR ArmyGroup or DGMC-DEFPRArmyGroup@mod.ukDGMC-DEFPRArmyGroup@mod.uk with the heading Poet in the City."

If you write poetry you can e-mail your submissions to Col Bathurst at the e-mail address above - he is AD DPR (Army). I did a bit of digging and Poet in the City is a charity which is run by the Deputy Editor of the Sunday Times Magazine, Cathy Galvin, in her spare time. What she is after are examples of poetry written by serving soldiers with a view to publishing it. The concept is therefore somewhat embryonic at the moment. I don't have any other info.

Best of luck