PocketComms discount for ARRSE members

Oh..... and while we are on the subject of discounts I got 10% off a Burger King meal for Mrs PoGs and me, on asking (mainly out of curiosity) and showing my MOD 90...........

Cool :D

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Your site seems to not want to honour the discount code.

Will it take a while to register or something?

Cheers freedomman

Was just about to post a correction on the ARRSE website: Promotional code

should read ARRSE01E (with a zero and a one)

with apologies

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Cheers mate, all sorted now.

Sounds like a good idea for a thread - discounts available mit MOD90.....

Also free entry to Household Cavalry Museum at Horseguards
on flashing MOD90

Hurrah!!

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

POGscribbler said:
I am delighted to offer a 10% discount to ARSSE members.

Just enter the code: ARRSE01E (with a zero and a one) when prompted.

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.co.uk
So speaking very loudly and pointing your rolled-up umbrella at johnny foreigner has gone out of fashion has it?

Unashamed BUMP.

Ordered Wednesday afternoon, arrived Thursday AM.

Great idea, well presented and made.

Thoroughly recommended for lingo-biffs like me.

Saying that, it looks a very useful tool for prompting key-words and basic ideas when learning....

I notice the option with Military Pack includes an additional 155 drawings. Does this mean that any of the standard drawings are omitted from this option? Are the Military drawings included in the same item of equipment? Or do they come as a seperate, smaller item?

I have to say, its a bloody good bit of kit, I have one and have even used it on the Edgware road!

Pub_Regular said:
Can I have one with naked women in various poses so that the foreign women can understand what I want? :lick:

Funnily enough I have been considering a Stag or a Hen night version!!

Imagine all those sticky situations that might arise whilst in Prague,Amsterdam or deepest blackpool.

Excuse me, do you happen to have a pair of bolt-croppers?

Yes officer I am naked and duct taped to this statue of Queen Victoria because......

I would be obliged if you could direct me to the nearest, hospital,brothel,stripshow,locksmiths(delete as appropriate)

the possibilities and applications are endless

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

bovvy said:
I notice the option with Military Pack includes an additional 155 drawings. Does this mean that any of the standard drawings are omitted from this option? Are the Military drawings included in the same item of equipment? Or do they come as a seperate, smaller item?

The military version has an additional 155-ish drawings attached.

I saw no reason to penalise members of the forces for having too have a few extra pictures to help us do our job. (and yep I'm still serving).

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Was going to ask "What languages do they come in?" until I read it more closely.

Good job I didn't, and saved myself endless abuse and embarrassment! :oops: :oops: :x

Good idea, would have saved me a lot of trouble in Kosovo in 99, especially as we had been given Serbian phrase books to help us communicate with Koso-Albainians! Talk about rubbing salt in a wound. :evil:

Flying Felix said:
Was going to ask "What languages do they come in?" until I read it more closely.

Good job I didn't, and saved myself endless abuse and embarrassment! :oops: :oops: :x

Good idea, would have saved me a lot of trouble in Kosovo in 99, especially as we had been given Serbian phrase books to help us communicate with Koso-Albainians! Talk about rubbing salt in a wound. :evil:
This was my thinking exactly!

Wherever I end up being deployed to, I will do my best to learn a few words (greetings, thanks etc). I would dearly be able to go further than that, but in all honesty I'm such a twonk when it comes to anything other than English!

Just figuring out which language to look into for Afghan was a pain in the Arrse. I've got the books and CDs, which will undoubtedly continue to gather dust until I end up putting them on EBay in ten years time!

PocketComms seems to fit the bill for me and will hopefully enable me to interact with whoever I end up bumping into without resorting to the "shout loudly and mime" method that Brits traditionally adopt abroad.....

I used a similar book back in 2002 to get around Asia, well worth a few quid in my opinion.

POGscribbler said:
bovvy said:

The military version has an additional 155-ish drawings attached.

I saw no reason to penalise members of the forces for having too have a few extra pictures to help us do our job. (and yep I'm still serving).

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk
I've just ordered one with the Arrse discount. Thank you. I ordered the Military option, because I like that sort of thing. Oh sh1t! As a civvy, that makes me a WALT! :omfg: :omg:

Incidentally, the information (and link) for the Arrse discount and Military pack is on POGscribbler's initial post:

POGscribbler said:
I am delighted to offer a 10% discount to ARSSE members.

Just enter the code: ARRSE01E (with a zero and a one) when prompted.

PoGs

www.pocketcomms.co.uk

POGscribbler said:
Pub_Regular said:
Can I have one with naked women in various poses so that the foreign women can understand what I want? :lick:

Funnily enough I have been considering a Stag or a Hen night version!!

Imagine all those sticky situations that might arise whilst in Prague,Amsterdam or deepest blackpool.

Excuse me, do you happen to have a pair of bolt-croppers?

Yes officer I am naked and duct taped to this statue of Queen Victoria because......

I would be obliged if you could direct me to the nearest, hospital,brothel,stripshow,locksmiths(delete as appropriate)

the possibilities and applications are endless

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Why won't you put me in your feedback page? I think it's a fair request! Can I have a free one to cheer me up? :D

WOW! What service and what an excellent product! :D I'm speechless (and this divine piece of kit will assist me in my quest to be an "Elective Mute" :wink: ). I ordered a PocketComms yesterday and was most impressed by the eMail communications, keeping me informed of the progress of my order. And the postman delivered it about an hour ago.

I am truly amazed at the way EVERYTHING that one might conceivably wish to communicate (in any country or culture) has been condensed into this handy gadget. And it has been so logically and systematically thought out. It appears that NOTHNG has been omitted. (And I'm not someone who is easily impressed.)

The only problem is that everyone where I am speaks English. And I don't suppose it wil be much use on my forthcoming holiday in Exmoor. :roll:

I will complete the feedback.

Just one question:
I opted for the Military Pack and am curious to know what the "page" of blue cylinders and red balls is about. :? Is it a magic trick? Or is that a closely-guarded, high-security Military secret?