PNCO Cadre and promotion

I broke my leg last year on exercise and am still on an appendix 9. I can’t complete the JNCO cadre due to not being able to do the field ex. Does anyone know the rules about promoting from Private to LCpl before you have completed a Cadre?

I broke my leg last year on exercise and am still on an appendix 9. I can’t complete the JNCO cadre due to not being able to do the field ex. Does anyone know the rules about promoting from Private to LCpl before you have completed a Cadre?
*Regimental Police or transfare to RMP
* Regimental Police L/Cpl is a local rank if your currently a Private Soldier.
Getting one of the hardest promotions (easiest to lose) Private to Lance Corporal without passing the relevant Cadre is it the right way to start your rise up the ladder?
Yes it's a downer breaking a bone and missing out on a chance of promotion,you can still fail without a broken bone. Use your medical down time to
1 let your bone heal fully
2 use that time to gen up on what is expected of a JNCO and work towards coming 'Top'
Last thing you want is to be known as that lance jack who got promoted and didnt even do a full cadre.

Speedy recovery and get fit and fully on the ball,your promotions will come if your the right one for it

Last edited:
*Regimental Police or transfare to RMP
* Regimental Police L/Cpl is a local rank if your currently a Private Soldier.
Getting one of the hardest promotions (easiest to lose) Private to Lance Corporal without passing the relevant Cadre is it the right way to start your rise up the ladder?
Yes it's a downer breaking a bone and missing out on a chance of promotion,you can still fail without a broken bone. Use your medical down time to
1 let your bone heal fully
2 use that time to gen up on what is expected of a JNCO and work towards coming 'Top'
Last thing you want is to be known as that lance jack who got promoted and didnt even do a full cadre.

Speedy recovery and get fit and fully on the ball,your promotions will come if your the right one for it
Why would The RMP accept someone for transfer who can’t deploy into the field?

Why would The RMP accept someone for transfer who can’t deploy into the field?
Really! Think about the roles RMP have
Plus the OP is asking how to go from Private to L/Cpl without doing a cadre. Name another Regiment that promotes its recruits to L/Cpl on completion of training. I certainly cannot

NemoIII

War Hero
Plus the OP is asking how to go from Private to L/Cpl without doing a cadre. Name another Regiment that promotes its recruits to L/Cpl on completion of training. I certainly cannot
REME techs

The Intelligence Corps and all Tech Trades across a number of Corps to name a few promote to LCpl out of trg as far as I remember.

The RMP need soldiers that can deploy on Ops and Ex and to be able to go out and Police The Army. Im sure they have enough folks on the biff that can’t fulfill their role without taking other units blokes that can’t complete a Cadre.

It’s more that if it doesn’t get better I’ve been offered a job as a permanent stores buff but don’t really want to spend the next 10 years as a private in stores. Aptitude tests etc I’d do til the cows come home if it got me a chance of progression. I’d rather explore ever other option rather than that or be Medically discharges if I’m none deployable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G4commando The Training Wing 28
M Army Reserve 5
G4commando Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 2

Latest Threads