ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

PMTM handed P45

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Oct 4, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He's probably just confused, he can remember reading the Illiad but can't remember a reference to Homers sexuality anywhere

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, you mean like Corbyn, or the Millibands ?, that seems to have stopped their careers stone dead

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I think that's the most powerful thing he has going for him. Not his principles, which I personally disagree with, but the fact that he has principles. Like him or loathe him, it's a breath of fresh air when virtually no other politician would dare to state a personal view which differed so much from the supposed mainstream.

He's not trying to ban abortion or gay marriage, which would be very different.

• Like Like x 3
  4. That's the other thing. If you look at the political class, he's not particularly privileged. He's just not pretending to be something he's not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Otherwise known as "doing a Prescott", after he connected with a heckler during a walkabout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. And yet the left are happy to rain down mega levels of hate upon him just for having these opinions.

Which tells us all we need to know about the feckwits. You can't have an opinion unless it squares with mine....

7. Compared to Boris Johnson, and Grant Schnapps, Mr Brodkin is an amateur at undermining Mrs May.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Because Boris only picks on smaller targets.

9. That's a plus for real conservatives

10. I'm a Labour supporter, and I would rather have Jacob Rees Mogg lead us through Brexit than Theresa May. Infact I would rather have him lead us through Brexit than a Labour Party that has Dianne Abbot, and Emily Thornberry in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Baglock

Baglock On ROPs

Hopefully, he's pragmatic enough, which I believe he is, to recognise that he's not going to be able to put those particular genies back in the bottle.

12. Great quote from Nadine Dorries: “if Grant Shapps has 30 MPs backing him, then Dianne Abbott must be doing the counting”! :smile:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. It's not like he was recorded saying it in private. He knew what the reaction would be and went out of his way to state his beliefs on national TV.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I still cant work out if Boris is a buffoon or a canny career politician. But with the current state of the Tory party I am tempted to say "Give me a strong leader with a clear vision to take the country away from the Marxist nut-jobs" and I will vote for him.

Mind you, I said that in Berlin back in 1935. The result was mixed to say the least.

• Funny Funny x 3