PMTM handed P45

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kromeriz, Oct 4, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PLEASE, dear GOD, I forgot the quotation marks. Can you forgive me?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Eddie Mair quipped about the signage debacle on PM.....
    Deadpan delivery, as usual
    "There was an F off "
    :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Not sure why you had so many negatives for your opening post.

This morning Grant Shapps states he has a list of thirty MP's who are calling on the PM to resign. Also he is stating that several cabinet ministers are privately thinking she should go. They only need 40 to force a leadership vote!
    I didn't want her as leader especially after her performance as Home Secretary and a stronger PM than Cameron would have got rid of her after a year or two!
    I say get rid and the sooner the better, her apology for the result of the general election was lamentable and shows that she really is NOT PM material.
    Who next though? Shapps wouldn't be drawn on that, surprise surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Because its Kromeriz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gout Man

Oh I see.

6. Gout Man

He would turn thousands of wavering voters towards labour. He just comes across as very very right wing and and one of those born with a silver spoon in their mouth and one up his arse for good luck.
    In these times he is just the leader the Tories don't need. Mr Mogg would have been more suited back in the days of Heath, oh talking of Heath...No I'll leave that subject well alone.
    Now could David Davis do both jobs, leader and Brexit minister? Why not?
    Cut out the middle man the PM would know exactly what is been said and negotiated as he is the man!

7. And you actually believe Shapps?

Edited to add link from Guido:

Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  8. Gout Man

Why not? I believe him on this issue, I don't normally believe anything politicians say but this subject has been simmering away since the election.

9. Davis has zero charisma and zero personality. That doesn't work in politics these days. The demonisation of TM has come more from her lack of personality than any of the decisions she's made.

JRM has a big personality with loads of charisma. He's a man of principle, and that matters far more than his actual principles. There's also a grudging pride in the stereotype he represents - the polite, intelligent, stiff upper lip type. If that wasn't the case, the royal family would be universally despised. As a whole, his public persona is interesting, disarming and very difficult to attack.

Tory voters would be glad to finally have someone to get behind. Fence sitters might find him interesting and back him to see what he does. Corbyn supporters aren't going to back him, but I expect they'd have a far more difficult job painting him as evil incarnate than they did with TM. And don't forget that Old Labour are very socially conservative.

I think he's the ideal candidate. The only problem is we have no idea whether he can make the kind of difficult decisions a leader has to. He might come apart on his first day on the job.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Agree with most of what you say except the "demonisation of TM". In my opinion it has mainly come from the media and people within her own party who have axes to grind e.g. friends, colleagues and sycophants of George Osbourne, David Cameron and Grant Shaps.

• Like Like x 2
  11. No - go to noughty step. :)

12. I agree, but the reason it sticks is because she's a blank canvas.

13. Baglock

Baglock On ROPs

According to Wikipedia, Brodkin studied and practiced medicine until 2007, so not really a no mark either

14. PMSL at this on Guido, and tbh it's probably more accurate than the media's been:

Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy

15. JRM has baggage though - his thoughts on homo-sexuality or same sex nonsense - ConScots would declare UDI!