PM to keep Labour in Government

#1
Peter 'slimeball' mandlebum has indicated a change of leader is enough for the Labour party to stay in government (according to an unknown Snail reporter) :roll:

'The Business Secretary indicated a change of leader might be enough to allow the party to secure a coalition that would allow it to stay in government'.

Unbelievable & as others have stated on a series of threads they will do virtually 'anything' to cling to power, if GB has to go to stay in office will Mr Clegg have a change of heart & work with Labour,

Going to be a long weekend of discusssions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ele...lson-hints-change-Labour-leader.html#comments
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
I van only hope that someone will advise little Mr Clegg that if he gets all prima-donnaish and strings everyone along too long the country will blame him for the resultant currency and stock market falls.
 
#3
Hello,

wouldn't a Labour/Liberal Democrat government work out quite well for the Conservatives?


tangosix.
 
#4
Getting rid of Brown doesnt get rid of the real PM... Mandleson... Clegg would be a fool to go anywhere near a Lib Lab coalition government... so its a real possibility!!
 
#5
Actually, Fondlebum is probably right. Anyone else at the helm instead of brain dead Brown might have seen the electorate return Labour to government. Has any individual politician ever caused such as pile of sh*t as he has? :x
 
#6
tangosix said:
Hello,

wouldn't a Labour/Liberal Democrat government work out quite well for the Conservatives?


tangosix.
Can't see how it could be good for the country, by time they had finished we wouldn't rate as well as some sub-Saharan sh*t-hole.
 
#7
Tastytoggle said:
Actually, Fondlebum is probably right. Anyone else at the helm instead of brain dead Brown might have seen the electorate return Labour to government. Has any individual politician ever caused such as pile of sh*t as he has? :x
Who do you see? Alan Johnson? Harriet Harman(???) or even Peter Mandelson (??????) {he's not constitutionally barred}
 
#8
beemer007 said:
Unbelievable & as others have stated on a series of threads they will do virtually 'anything' to cling to power, if GB has to go to stay in office will Mr Clegg have a change of heart & work with Labour,
If you add up the seats for Labour 258, Lib Dems 57, SNP 6 and Social Democratic & Labour Party 3. The total is 324, which is still not enough to form a Majority in the house.
It will be a very diverse ruling coalition party if the Conservatives are not part of it.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#9
stacker1 said:
beemer007 said:
Unbelievable & as others have stated on a series of threads they will do virtually 'anything' to cling to power, if GB has to go to stay in office will Mr Clegg have a change of heart & work with Labour,
If you add up the seats for Labour 258, Lib Dems 57, SNP 6 and Social Democratic & Labour Party 3. The total is 324, which is still not enough to form a Majority in the house.
It is if you add in Plaid Cymru.
 
#10
Hello stacker1,

there is one party which when added to the above would give a Labour majority,Sinn Fein........


tangosix.
 
#11
tangosix said:
Hello stacker1,

there is one party which when added to the above would give a Labour majority,Sinn Fein........


tangosix.
Sinn Fein never take their seats.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#12
beemer007 said:
Unbelievable & as others have stated on a series of threads they will do virtually 'anything' to cling to power, if GB has to go to stay in office will Mr Clegg have a change of heart & work with Labour.
My guess, no.
 
#13
Sixty said:
Stacker1 said:
If you add up the seats for Labour 258, Lib Dems 57, SNP 6 and Social Democratic & Labour Party 3. The total is 324, which is still not enough to form a Majority in the house.
It is if you add in Plaid Cymru.
If 5 parties formed one Coalition, with 2 of them nationalistic, I don't think it would last long.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#14
stacker1 said:
Sixty said:
It is if you add in Plaid Cymru.
If 5 parties formed one Coalition, with 2 of them nationalistic, I don't think it would last long.
Nor me. The SNP have said they won't join a Labour coalition anyway so it's a moot point.
 
#15
Hello stacker1,

that is true but there is nothing to stop them doing so if they wished,however unlikely that may be!
Whether they would stand by and let a Unionist/Conservative alliance take over or be tempted to keep them out by allying with Labour and attending the house is an interesting question.
All the minor parties are likely to be getting a lot of attention from the big players at the moment.


tangosix.
 
#16
stacker1 said:
Sixty said:
Stacker1 said:
If you add up the seats for Labour 258, Lib Dems 57, SNP 6 and Social Democratic & Labour Party 3. The total is 324, which is still not enough to form a Majority in the house.
It is if you add in Plaid Cymru.
If 5 parties formed one Coalition, with 2 of them nationalistic, I don't think it would last long.
You can forget the SNP going into coalition with either of the main parties

Speaking outside the Scottish Parliament, Mr Salmond said Scotland had voted "dramatically and overwhelmingly" against a Tory government.

"We won't be forming a coalition with any of the London parties, but we will be looking at votes in the House of Commons and judging them on an issue-by-issue basis," he said.
 
#17
tangosix said:
Hello stacker1,

that is true but there is nothing to stop them doing so if they wished,however unlikely that may be!
Whether they would stand by and let a Unionist/Conservative alliance take over or be tempted to keep them out by allying with Labour and attending the house is an interesting question.
All the minor parties are likely to be getting a lot of attention from the big players at the moment.


tangosix.
I would say its very unlikely, They refuse to take their seats because they won't take the oath of allegiance to the Crown.
 
#18
tangosix said:
Hello stacker1,

there is one party which when added to the above would give a Labour majority,Sinn Fein........


tangosix.

You absolute c.unt, that sent a major shiver right down my spine.

They wouldn't, would they?
Not that low.




Would they?



Tell me I can't see that happening. :cry:



They bloody would wouldn't they?
 
#19
InVinoVeritas said:
Getting rid of Brown doesnt get rid of the real PM... Mandleson... Clegg would be a fool to go anywhere near a Lib Lab coalition government... so its a real possibility!!
Paraphrased post of mine on another thread ..... It is Lord Peter who pulls the strings on the Labour Party marionettes and he will survive .... may even thrive and extend his powers ... I wonder if he trained the Devil in the dark arts .

Mandelson I would imagine will be heavily involved in any attempt for Party survival , and his own , but I am sure Clegg will tread very carefully .

The Liberal Party I believe have had their fingers burnt a couple of times in the past after forming alliances with the Labour Party .... the " Old and Bold " will be warning ... " when you eat with the devil use a very long spoon " .
 
#20
I am terrified ,as I'm sure are most of the Labour in crowd as to just what is going to come out if ever an honist man gets in control of any of the big ministerys, when we find out just how F**ked up we are
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads