PM To Fight Anti-Social Behaviour

PM to fight anti-social behaviour

Prime Minister Gordon Brown is expected to announce a crackdown on anti-social behaviour in his keynote speech to the Labour party conference.

He will say: "Whenever and wherever there is anti-social behaviour, we will be there to fight it."

Mr Brown will also highlight the difference between Labour and the Conservatives in his speech.

Meanwhile an opinion poll has put Labour in third place behind the Liberal Democrats.

Mr Brown is under pressure to make the speech of his life on Tuesday, with morale among many Labour activists said to be at an all-time low.

'Lawless minority'

On anti-social behaviour the prime minister will tell delegates: "Whenever and wherever there is anti-social behaviour, we will be there to fight it.

"We will not stand by and see the lives of the lawful majority disrupted by the behaviour of the lawless minority.

"Because the decent, hard working majority are getting evermore angry - rightly so - with the minority who who will talk about their rights but never accept their responsibilities."

As part of a wider package of crime measures, he will announce moves to combat "problem families" he will claim are causing misery in communities with fourfold increase in the use of Family Intervention Projects.

These are binding contracts which require parents of children causing anti-social behaviour orders to take one-to-one support or lose their benefits.

He will also pledge to force the courts to issue more Drinking Banning Orders - so-called drink Asbos - against anyone convicted of a crime who was under the influence of alcohol at the time.

'TV debate'

Mr Brown is also thought ready to debate with David Cameron on TV not just during the general election campaign but before it, the BBC understands.

Months ago, Conservative leader Mr Cameron called for a TV election debate to be held involving Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg as well.

If the debates took place they would be the first ever televised prime ministerial debates to be held in Britain.

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson lifted spirits on Monday with an impassioned address to conference that earned him a standing ovation from delegates.

He urged them to be "fighters, not quitters" and said if he could make a political comeback they could.

But Mr Brown's speech comes as a new opinion poll suggests the party is heading for a crushing general election defeat.

The Ipsos Mori survey puts the Tories on 36%, Labour on 24% and the Liberal Democrats on 25%.

That compares with last month's results which had the Tories 43%, Labour 26% and the Liberal Democrats 17%.

It is the first time Labour have been in third place since February 1982, when they were on 33% compared to 34% for the Liberal-SDP Alliance.

In a separate poll for BBC Two's Newsnight almost two thirds of voters surveyed said their view of the Labour Party has worsened since Gordon Brown took over as leader.

ORB interviewed 1,056 UK adults aged 18 and over by telephone between 11 and 14 September.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8279701.stm

Published: 2009/09/28 22:34:26 GMT

© BBC MMIX
Well, everyone in the UK will sleep better knowing the PM will be taking on yobs and chavs in hand-to-hand combat.

Cnut.

He's already failed after the disgrace in Leicester.apparently police,council etc were ''sorry''.Whoopee

Was it Leicester where the copper said that antisocial behaviour was not Police business FFS.

JoeCivvie said:
Well, everyone in the UK will sleep better knowing the PM will be taking on yobs and chavs in hand-to-hand combat.

Cnut.
Possibly the one occasion I'd be on the side of the chav!

I look forward to seeing him tackling the young team out on the main street on a Friday night.

If he does this as well as he has done all his other wonderfull achievements we are realy fukced

Give me strength! This f***w*t, and his government, has had the best part of twelve years to tackle this (and many other) "problems". They have done the square root of ******* to address them. Why should anybody think this is going to change now? Tough on crime etc. etc. anyone.

He's been hastily rewriting his speech to reflect the current news headlines. Cnut.

He will talk about Anti Social behaviour but do nothing about it. The best thing he can do about Anti Social Behaviour is get rid of the ASBO, and make the boys in blue do the work that they are supposed to, locking up the scum that make peoples lives miserable by their behaviour.

Good theory but Labour forgot to build prisons to put them in.......

Heard it before all mouth, nothing will change and remember these Chavs will be running the country soon.....

Oooops, seems to already happened.

There was no PC shite when I was a kid our local copper cought me hanging off a lamp post making a swing and gave me a tanned arrse, took me home and my dad gave me another,.Now if you smack the bloke who attacks you, you get done for going beyond what can be legally called self defence, a 30 year old chav tried it on recently, and I got fined £200 for giving him a good hiding. Listening to the cnut Alan Johnson on the box he must live in a fairytail world as he ain't living in the real world, these Labour wonkers realy need a fcuking mega reality check

tropper66 said:
........Alan Johnson on the box he must live in a fairytail world as he ain't living in the real world, these Labour wonkers realy need a fcuking mega reality check
What seems to have been missed from the speech is Brown's promise that every child born after Jan. 2002 will be given a unicorn as a pet and receive a personal visit from the Tooth fairy and Santa Claus.

DemsMaShoes said:
tropper66 said:
........Alan Johnson on the box he must live in a fairytail world as he ain't living in the real world, these Labour wonkers realy need a fcuking mega reality check
What seems to have been missed from the speech is Brown's promise that every child born after Jan. 2002 will be given a unicorn as a pet and receive a personal visit from the Tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
You mean your kids never got them, damn reality must be bad

my son has Aspergers. Before we took him out of school due to the bullying he suffered, he was chased home by 8 kids. Only my wife hearing his screams saved him. We called the police, to which the response was - "Its what kids do isnt it"

12 years this Government has had to deal with this. Remember "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime"? Thanks to Labours policy of creating an underclass of citizen who dont give a toss all that has happened is that casses of anti-socal behaviour have increased. We have CSO's who have no powers to do anything and a police service that is ineffectual. Suddenly coming out with plans to deal with this because his job is on the line is quiet frankly disgusting..

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Thought BLAIR was going to sort all this out 12 years ago

All together now "Things can only get better"

the_boy_syrup said:
Thought BLAIR was going to sort all this out 12 years ago

All together now "Things can only get better"
They did get better, for the Cnut, he's a fecking millionaire

More absolute utter toss from nulab
Drinking Banning Orders blah blah Family Intervention Projects blah blah
More fcuking non jobs in local government in other words. More administration, checks, databases, more fcuking stuff to be ignored by the chav! When will these cnuts realise that chavs don't give a fcuk. Only thing to do with feral chavs is to stick them in jail where they can't do any harm to anyone, perhaps even using some of our many existing laws to do that.

Need more prisons? Feckin build them then, helps out the construction industry and clears the scum off the street. Simples!

So after 12 years of New Labours 'Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime', the best the One Eyed Porrage Wog can come up with is … 'Honest! Vote for me and I really, really, really, honestlly, promiose to be tough on crime next time'?

Fvck him! :evil:

doc80905 said:
More absolute utter toss from nulab
Drinking Banning Orders blah blah Family Intervention Projects blah blah
More fcuking non jobs in local government in other words. More administration, checks, databases, more fcuking stuff to be ignored by the chav! When will these cnuts realise that chavs don't give a fcuk. Only thing to do with feral chavs is to stick them in jail where they can't do any harm to anyone, perhaps even using some of our many existing laws to do that.

Need more prisons? Feckin build them then, helps out the construction industry and clears the scum off the street. Simples!
Yes.

The problem being that the liberals have taken over the asylum and everyone, I mean everyone, is good but misunderstood, we just need to have a chat with them and it will all be rosy..

CNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids need boundaries, bigger kids need bigger walls, that's all.